VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the lights that light up the center gauges (speedo, tach and surrouding gauges) quit working. The lights for the radio, power windows, ets still function fine.
Heres a pic of what I am talking about (I applogize for the crappy quality)

Would there be a seperate fuse that controls JUST the center lights? I tried to see if there was anything else that wasn't working and everything else seems to be functioning a-ok.
What could be wrong with my car?
Thanks!
Keith

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know in case it happens to them:

It turned out to be the switch itself. I got the bright idea (
) to give the switch a good rap. After belting it for the third time the center dash lights came on.
Weird. All I can figure is that my switch is starting to go bad. Just wanted to let everyone know.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Re: Just wanted to let everyone know in case it happens to them: (Bishop)

Same thing happened to me after my 5K oil change, dealer hit a wire or something and they decided to keep my car for 1 week, ripping out the dash until they realized it was the switch... oh well..

·
Registered
3,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Re: Just wanted to let everyone know in case it happens to them: (E36BMW)

Still another example of poor electrical component quality! If there were no electrical failures, our Passats would have near-perfect reliability.
When will VW realize that VW/Audi reliability is horribly degraded by the electrics? The components are not as bad as old Lucas electrics when Sir Joseph Lucas was dubbed The Prince of Darkness by English car owners, but they lag way behind the performance of American and Japanese manufacture......and that now probably includes Korea and Indonesia-made components. This problem is shared to some extent by all German makes.....Perhaps I should change my German name!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Re: Just wanted to let everyone know in case it happens to them: (SAEDave)

...I hear ya MetricDave...I mean SAEDave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.