VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black outside, black inside.....what do you suggest I use to clean the dust off the dash panel? In direct sunlight my car sometimes looks like it snowed on the interior!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Re: Dash panel dust (YUrosport)

California Dash Duster works amazingly well. Swiffers work, but not nearly as well as the dash duster.
if it is REALLY dirty, a damp microfiber first is the best solution. I buy Walmart's microfibers to junk work like this. 5 towels for $5 -- cant beat that.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

I use M/F towels for this ... BTW I found no difference between Zellers/Walmart M/F and Meguiars etc at 4 times the cost. Also if your treating your dash with Armorall etc its like a dust magnet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Dash panel dust (strider5)

Thanks. What's a California Dash Duster and where can I get one? I don't treat my dash with anything because I don't want the shiny look. A few people recommended one of the Meguiars' products but I still didn't try it. I try to clean it once a week with a damp cloth, I did that last night but this morning I found lots of dust on the dash?!

·
Registered
11,507 Posts

Get the ORIGINAL California duster .. not some Walmart spin off .. I have seen/used 2 different imitations .. both ere crap.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

A damp microfiber towel works best, you could then follow that with an application of Aerospace 303 to restore the nice matte finish.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got the swiffer duster. the fluffy version of the swiffer that comes with a plastic handle. it works GREAT. try it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

Get a swiffer, put it in your glove box and use it on red lights when you see dust on your dash

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: Dash panel dust (VinceQc)

Quote, originally posted by VinceQc »
Get a swiffer, put it in your glove box and use it on red lights when you see dust on your dash

I'd be a little nervouse bout using a Swiffer for the dash .. they are chemically treated to attract dust but what will the chemicals do to the dash.. California Duster is made for that and M/F towels have no additives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts