VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I floor it the dash rattles. I think its going to shake its self to death.
New engine mounts? It dosent happen when your just cruising, but at WOT.
Thanks.
Shaker Pic

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: Dash Rattle (werksmini)

um, my dash rattles. And so does the rest of my car. I think you might have to deal with it unless you want to create 5 more rattles from taking it apart to try and fix it

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: Dash Rattle (SilleyWilley)

ya owning a vw u have to put up with rattles. Its prob just some loose screw or something like that. If its only happening when you are at full throttle then i cant really explain it. Some stuff will rattle at a certain RPM. Just do what i do and turn up the radio, all rattles seem to dissappear

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Dash Rattle (peowell)

Quote, originally posted by peowell »
ya owning a vw u have to put up with rattles. Its prob just some loose screw or something like that. If its only happening when you are at full throttle then i cant really explain it. Some stuff will rattle at a certain RPM. Just do what i do and turn up the radio, all rattles seem to dissappear

lmao, that is what I do too. I am soo amazed when I get in my moms 4Runner and it is like quiet.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Danm thats what I though, maybe fill the whole interior of the dash with some sort of foam filler stuff. Yea that'll do it.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Re: (werksmini)

Go to your local fabric store, and buy yourself about half a yard of velvet fabric. cut small squares out big enough to fit around all of the screws that hold the dash in, or are part of the dash. It will stop the rattling in ure dash. And make sure all your screws/bolts are tightened down tight.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Re: (VRpoweredA2)

Quote, originally posted by VRpoweredA2 »
Go to your local fabric store, and buy yourself about half a yard of velvet fabric. cut small squares out big enough to fit around all of the screws that hold the dash in, or are part of the dash. It will stop the rattling in ure dash. And make sure all your screws/bolts are tightened down tight.

Hey that's a good idea http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts