VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sure lots of you guys thought about it. But whos done it. I'm looking for a TT interior to swap over. Anyone ever put a TT dash in their Raddo? i've seen em in rabbits and MK3s but no raddos as of yet.
Tell me what you know about it
Cheers

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Dash Swap... (G'D60)

well my man ive had that idea on my mind for so long,
n still want to do it, havent seen 1 rado with it, seen
a rabbit with 1 n a mk3 golf, but i dont know about 1 in a rado
i know its possible, G60ING was tryin to do this, but then he decided
just to put little parts of it like the console n poop, but yeaa it would b
so beast to c a complete swap.
Bump
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Re: Dash Swap... (Darrsh)

So Frank ( G60ING ) was going to do this as well?

Maybe you meant me.

And yes, there is a LOT of work involved in a TT dash swap. Mounting is a PAIN. Wiring is a PAIN. Fitting is a PAIN. It looks great if you can get it to work right but you have to be confident of yourself or whoever is working on the dash for you. It needs to be cut a little bit so it will fit correctly. After you've shelled out $1000 for the dash, that first cut has got to fill you with anxiety.

I haven't completely canned the idea of a full TT dash swap but this "conversion" has been a TON of work. I'd hate to see how much actual work a full swap is!
-T.J.

·
Registered
16,559 Posts
Re: Dash Swap... (Darrsh)

quote:[HR][/HR]well my man ive had that idea on my mind for so long,
n still want to do it, havent seen 1 rado with it, seen
a rabbit with 1 n a mk3 golf, but i dont know about 1 in a rado
i know its possible, G60ING was tryin to do this, but then he decided
just to put little parts of it like the console n poop, but yeaa it would b
so beast to c a complete swap.
Bump
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
I think he ment G60driver.
Now I didn't think the TT dash was all that great until I sat in a TT and now I really dig the whole interior but I doubt I'll swap one into my car as I like my stock setup. No maybe when I have $$$=job I'll swap a 20VG60 into something and consider a TT dash

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Re: Dash Swap... (VARSIXC)

I don't have part numbers handy but I just ordered them from the dealer. The vents DO close by twisting the trim ring (just like on the TTs) but it's taken a VERY long time to get this done and still keep the vents functional (open and close). Lots of custom fabrication and trial-and-error. It's really been a nightmare but it's almost done so i'm starting to feel better about it.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Re: Dash Swap... (G60Driver)

yeaaa it was G60driver not G60ING, all ur names r congusing me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.