VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
5,184 Posts
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (Boost112)

commonly used on the grand national, wrx and many other turbo cars as well as turbo diesels, they can be made for under $20 or bought from several places online.
i know rodney (bug power) was tinkering with one to no avail. im glad you got it to work. how long it works for is the question

btw i think its dawes

· Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (AxeAngel)

quote:[HR][/HR]commonly used on the grand national, wrx and many other turbo cars as well as turbo diesels, they can be made for under $20 or bought from several places online.
i know rodney (bug power) was tinkering with one to no avail. im glad you got it to work. how long it works for is the question

btw i think its dawes
[HR][/HR]​
i got the spelling from BBM so sorry if it's wrong....did a couple data logs with "flynturbo" the other night and it shows everything very well.. I got the unit from www.bahnbrenner.com why do you think it won't work for very long period of time?

· Banned
2,616 Posts
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (00BORAGLX)

Is there chip programmer still broken. Well they told me for 50 bucks they can stop the surge. so i'll do it because it works for you. Now i have to wait because im getting KW V1 coil-overs pretty soon.

· Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (SlvrBllt)

quote:[HR][/HR]I cant find it on their site
[HR][/HR]​
YOU probably have to call them directly and talk to Larry or Aaron...tell them Bruce told you about the part and they will know real quick what your talkin about and TAKE care of you!

[Modified by 00BORAGLX, 9:59 PM 8-5-2002]

· Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (smd3)

it manually controls the opening of the wastgate instead of electronically..when it see too much boost the spring inside releases the pressure to open the wastgate.

· Registered
3,029 Posts
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (00BORAGLX)

quote:[HR][/HR]it manually controls the opening of the wastgate instead of electronically..when it see too much boost the spring inside releases the pressure to open the wastgate.
[HR][/HR]​
So it doesnt reduce boost as the RPM increase?

· Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (SlvrBllt)

quote:[HR][/HR]So it doesnt reduce boost as the RPM increase?[HR][/HR]​
no the boost still drops the same...as niticed mainly in 3rd gear on....in higher rpm's...but say 3rd gear at 3000 rpm it goes straight to 18-19lbs and holds firmly till the standard roll off area as before....I will get dome more exact specs for ya and will have my own VAG-tool hopefully next week some time

· Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: daus unit installed on AWP (eurojet)

the unit was $50.00 at Bahn benner......i have an upsolute chip 3" dp/cat neuspeen inlet pipe eurosport exaust intake and forge bov...i think that's tit
so far runs great i notice if i am in 3rd gear at about 35mph and go full throttle itwent right to 21lbs of boost and my CEL came on...got it shut off but it said i had a MAF prob so i will check that out if it happens again...so far the peice is awesome and it rocks...i just got my ECS N75 today in the mail and i will try both out and see what happens tomorrow

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.