VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the new plugs + wires wasnt the poor milage problem. Now im getting norrowed down now. Since im doing a Oil change 2morrow, im going to put a shot of fuel injector cleaner in. Usually i do every 5000 miles but ill just give it a shot at 3000miles.
If not im going have to looks at my feul system and see whats wrong

· Registered
463 Posts
Re: Days of our Milage (Sleepy007)

I'm also having mileage problems. I've checked my air filter, removed my snow screen, and had my plugs, wires, o2 sensor, and fuel pump checked. I've been getting around 15 mpg in town (short with stops) and 24/25 highway. Lately it's been snowy and I've been driving only in town and now I'm getting 13 mpg!
This engine can't actually be that inefficient. What else could it be?

· Registered
463 Posts
Re: Days of our Milage (A2B4guy)

When I say checked I mean that I know for sure that they are fine and don't need to be replaced, or that my mechanic has said something to that effect.
I've never heard of epoxy sealed coilpack, so no I guess it hasn't.

· Registered
1,990 Posts
Re: Days of our Milage (DUB_4_LIFE)

Quote, originally posted by DUB_4_LIFE »
around town i avg. like 18....if i drive nicely....on the highway i can get up around almost 30 Sometimes.....so many things affect mileage though

Agreed but IF you have your foot in the gas all the time I could see getting as bad as 13 in town? But that does seem bad...
My car with a combo of freeway and town driving i get anywhere from 18-26 depending on how i drive. mostof the time i am 20+

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.