VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Dazzling or Disappointing? VW ID.3 Hatchback without Camo...

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
8,884 Posts
At series production launch, the ID.3 will be available with three battery size options. The basic variant has a usable energy content of 45 kWh and enables an electrically powered range of up to 330 kilometres (as per WLTP). The entry price for this ID.3 version is under €30,000. Alongside this is a battery variant with 58 kW, which enables the ID.3 to achieve a range of up to 420 km (as per WLTP). The energy content of the largest battery is 77 kWh, and its electric range is up to 550 kilometres (as per WLTP). Thanks to its fast charging capability, it is possible to charge the ID.3 sufficiently for a range of around 290 kilometres (WLTP) within 30 minutes, using a charging output of 100 kW.
I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction. 550km (~350mi) range is pretty darn good. I think this would do pretty well in NA and I'd consider it

· Banned
656 Posts
I dig it! and it seems rather efficient too! Let's see if it makes it to the US and how much we get raped price wise.
Looks like some kind of global mini CUV with little VW personality other than the badge. I don't like it.
The best thing out of this is that the thing is RWD, now that's a huge positive for handing.
The interior looks like it was borrowed from a Toyota, NOT a good thing.

· Registered
60,729 Posts

· Registered
60,729 Posts

· Registered
875 Posts
I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction. 550km (~350mi) range is pretty darn good. I think this would do pretty well in NA and I'd consider it
That is WLTP, which is pretty optimistic, but that should still translate to ~300mi EPA given the usable 77 kWh pack (so probably 85ish total) I'd say it is expected. The base 45 looks like it would be ~190mi EPA. Doesn't seem the US will be getting this though, so our measuring is pretty irrelevant.

· Banned
656 Posts
Nah. Might as well just go buy a generic CUV from Toyota, or Honda. Actually the Toyota C-HR....EV looks about the same and will do the same things, and it will be a bit more reliable too.

The interior is also revolutionary. The long wheelbase of the MEB layout, combined with very short overhangs, results in an expansive vehicle interior: the Open Space. With the room and spaciousness this creates, the five-seater ID.3 sets new standards in the compact class.
They must be into using Cyclopentane, most of the appliance companies now use this for plastics in their fridge interiors. :laugh::popcorn:

· Registered
60,729 Posts
Nah. Might as well just go buy a generic CUV from Toyota, or Honda. Actually the Toyota C-HR....EV looks about the same and will do the same things, and it will be a bit more reliable too.

· Registered
299 Posts
Im sorry for bringing up a old thread. I was checking the prices for used ID.3 today and came over this bagged one. I personaly dont like cars dropped this low, but I know that some of you have a kink for it. I will never kinks hame anyone, except if you are into kink shaming, then you should be very ashamed of yourself.

more pictures from the ad:

· Registered
2015 VW GTI SE
20,434 Posts
Im sorry for bringing up a old thread. I was checking the prices for used ID.3 today and came over this bagged one. I personaly dont like cars dropped this low, but I know that some of you have a kink for it. I will never kinks hame anyone, except if you are into kink shaming, then you should be very ashamed of yourself.

more pictures from the ad:

I'd be concerned about potentially dragging the battery that close to the ground.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts