VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: DBW 1.8t's - - Splitsec PSC1 or ARC2 ? (AustinS4)

I've been trying to firgeure this out too. I think this is what Kinetic Motorsports in Canada is using to tune their GT-28 setup, but I haven't been able to get a response from anyone

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: DBW 1.8t's - - Splitsec PSC1 or ARC2 ? (ocnyaww)

post this in the forced induction forum, there are guys running them in there. basically it modifies the MAF signal, so yes fueling will change but so will timing, also adaption will be fighting the changes at part throttle.
the threshold option on the ARC1-003 looks good, but it doesn't have the range of adjustability that the ARC2 has.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Re: DBW 1.8t's - - Splitsec PSC1 or ARC2 ? (scotty_passat)

Quote, originally posted by scotty_passat »
take a look at this (dynojet power commander 3)
http://ackthud.com/shawnfogg/fuelupgrade.htm

That is pretty cool, but is his BMW DBW? I'm sure it was using some sort of Motronic code. The ECM is Bosch.

Modified by mj6234 at 11:19 AM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: DBW 1.8t's - - Splitsec PSC1 or ARC2 ? (mj6234)

yeah its cable-throttle motronic, like 3.xx.
this sits between the ECU and the injectors so you can dial up whatever you want for fuel changes without affecting the load calculation (ie timing map isn't altered as the MAF reading is true), still have to work within the limits of adaption/fuel trim as mentioned in the article.
I suppose the trick is the TPS input....which could be taken off of the E-gas pedal, that's where my BCS picks it up from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts