VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fer my friend with a 97 VR6. He wants a DE knob and boot setup and was wondering if there was anywhere cheaper to get these items from besides the stealership?
Thanx, Shawn

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Re: DE Knob and Boot? (ramone)

I had mine for sale in the classifieds. It's now sold! You never know when someone else will sell one.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

I think potterman has the setup, but I don't think it's any cheaper than the dealership If I remember correctly. No idea who else might have it though. Sorry.

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DE Knob and Boot? (Euro Flavor)

OK so how about this question?
If I where to sell him my DE knob and boot, how much would I get fer it, or how much do they go for?

·
Registered
9,424 Posts

Used car lot
Bring a stock shift knob and go "test drive" a DE. I got mine through the classifieds here for $65 (DE knob, black leather boot). Germanautoparts.com had them for $89 a while ago (in blue) and Awesome had them (also in blue) for about $120 shipped. The dealer price is $167

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Re: DE Knob and Boot? (Zwoobah)

Good luck finding a DE at the dealerships here. Every VR6 i called about when i was buying a car was sold except for 1 and it wasn't a DE and the clutch slipped at 4K RPM.

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: DE Knob and Boot? (Sebeck1)

quote:[HR][/HR]Good luck finding a DE at the dealerships here. Every VR6 i called about when i was buying a car was sold except for 1 and it wasn't a DE and the clutch slipped at 4K RPM.
[HR][/HR]​
I think you posted in the wrong forum

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Re: DE Knob and Boot? (Zwoobah)

I didn't post in the wrong forum i was replying to Zwoobah's solution for you to find a DE at a dealership so that you could swap the boot assembly.

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: DE Knob and Boot? (Sebeck1)

well in that case, almost every 98-99 had this, so it should be easy but I'm not 15 ne more so

1 - 14 of 14 Posts