VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the install of my 2871r on an 01 TT 225. Im running 630cc injectors, an MSD inline fuel pump, and Unitronic 630cc file. The car pulls great, I couldnt be more happy with the "off the shelf software" I do have 2 problems that I have been chasing and posted up in the TT forums, but Im sure they will get more attention here.
It has a really rough idle, I do have the DV recirculated and cant locate any vaccum leaks- even tried the can of carb cleaner- nothing.
problem #2 off idle it falls on its face and wants to stall. this is either free reving, or starting out from a dead stop. I have to feather the gas to get it revving and slip the clutch a bit or it will try to stall. It almost feels like there is a dead spot in the throttle. once you get it moving it runs great. and I did just clean the MAF and nothing changed.
thanks in advance for help- im goign crazy with this thing.

· Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: dead spot in throttle? (brian_216)

ok, tonight I did a leak test with a soup can and air fitting, found the pcv hose under the intake manifold was unhooked, fixed it and tightened the clamp. I also cleaned the TB and that did not seem to help. I dont have vag com, is there any way to do an adaptation without it? I left the key in the on position for a min or so before starting. tomorrow I am going to try another maf and see if it fixes it.

· Registered
189 Posts
Re: dead spot in throttle? (brian_216)

I have a 2002 Jetta with a 1.8t that had a bunch of problems. Misfires and poor idle, lean bank 1 and o2 sensor too low.
The PVC hose was the last thing I found and it cured the remaining misfires and bank 1 too low.
I also had a poor idle and that was fixed when I cleaned the TB and did an adapt.
BTW, I started with changing the MAF and it helped. ALso I had to fix the coil pack wiring. Seems like everything I did just eliminated one or tow codes. I just went down the list in the FAQ/Troubleshooting guide.
Seemed like a lot of things went wrong all at once. I guess the computer was doing a lot of correction and just reached it's limits. Then it wouldn't run right.
Anyways, I bought a cheap USB vag-com cable and used the various programs like VWtool and Vag-com shareware to read the codes. To get the cable to work, I had to set the virtual comport to 115K baud. Odd but it works.
Something to consider.

· Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: dead spot in throttle? (2002JettaMike)

messed with it this morning, found the ground wire for the coilpack harness was finger tight, and coming loose. It got a little better but It still stalls out at low rpm. Ill bet the plugs are fouled Im goig to throw in a new set today and see what happens. What gap for big turbo? same as if it were chipped?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.