VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FV-QR (terje_77)

Quote, originally posted by terje_77 »
Good price. Did it include a happy ending?

of course not, this is an audi dealer, not last call with your secretary.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: dealer detail job @ crown audi (JLT)

wow thats a great job. Wonder if my local dealer will do a detail for around $100??

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: dealer detail job @ crown audi (Vanquish)

havent taken any pics yet. will take tomorrow if its still clean - parked outside and may rain tonight! we will see.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
That's like a engine from the 80's. No slick intake manifold, no cast aluminum cam cover, wire and hoses everywhere. How come there is no aftermarket companies that makes engine dress up components like they do for 'merican hot rods?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now that the sun is shining, i noticed that the detail job they did though good, was not great. i fault them for not using strong enough compound. so yes, worth $100 - absolutely. but i think the rag scratches on my hood need some meguiars ultimate compound. will let you guys know how that go!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Re: (JLT)

Quote, originally posted by JLT »
now that the sun is shining, i noticed that the detail job they did though good, was not great. i fault them for not using strong enough compound. so yes, worth $100 - absolutely. but i think the rag scratches on my hood need some meguiars ultimate compound. will let you guys know how that go!

I would prefer they go too light on the compound instead of too heavy. You can always go more aggressive next time. Burned clearcoat or paint would worry me more. As someone that used to detail cars I am afraid to take it to a professional that may go too aggressive.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (dmorrow)

Quote, originally posted by dmorrow »

I would prefer they go too light on the compound instead of too heavy. You can always go more aggressive next time. Burned clearcoat or paint would worry me more. As someone that used to detail cars I am afraid to take it to a professional that may go too aggressive.

BUT, isn't the point of having a "professional" do it so that they can use the high end compounds and still not burn or screw up your paint? the pro's are supposed to know what they are doing, ya know? the news use the weak polishes bc even a baby could use them without screwing up. like meguiar's swirlx - super weak polishes only get out the real surface stuff. next time i have my car done i'll let a serious detailer do it, but i won't do that til i start garaging my car again.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Re: (A3Performance)

Quote, originally posted by A3Performance »
nice job, i wish my engine bay would look like that

3M Vinyl Restorer and Cleaner.
Try this stuff out. They sell it at boating stores. Just spray some on a cloth and wipe down your intake, intake manifold, battery / fuse box covers, etc. It works really well and restores the brilliant black to your plastic parts. It works great on the interior parts as well.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Re: (JLT)

Quote, originally posted by JLT »

BUT, isn't the point of having a "professional" do it so that they can use the high end compounds and still not burn or screw up your paint? the pro's are supposed to know what they are doing, ya know? the news use the weak polishes bc even a baby could use them without screwing up. like meguiar's swirlx - super weak polishes only get out the real surface stuff. next time i have my car done i'll let a serious detailer do it, but i won't do that til i start garaging my car again.

I agree, just pointing out that the way they went was better than going too far the other way. You may want to point out the items you would like them to try get out as they may have purposely not used aggressive compounds. Also, the compound can be "high end" but only for light scratches. When I did this we had about four different levels of compound, from light abrasive to extremely abrasive. The extremely abrasive could go down to primer pretty quick if a high speed was left on an edge for too long (seconds). There wasn't any fix to this error. That's why I would ask them to not use an aggressive compound on my car. We would normally start with a light abrasive and then if that didn't do enough, move to the next level up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.