VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to get an oil change on my car 4 weeks ago and after getting my car i walked outside to discover that my s2000 antenna was no longer on my car. In the pouring rain i stood outside discussing that my antenna was on there when i came in and was not there now. After waiting for 20 minutes and having one of the service guys come back and tell me that they knocked the antenna off while the car was on the lift and they opened the garage door, knocking it off. So i was told that there was nothing that they could do except order a new antenna and base. I then walked outside and found my antenna laying under a passat, trying to calm down i walked back inside and informed the service guy that i found my antenna. He then ordered a new base and told me that he would call me when it was in. So now i had to wait all weekend without being able to listen to the radio!! (2.slo with no exhaust and no intake= no sounds of speed) To make matters worse my mp3 player broke and i had to get that fixed also. So Wednesday comes around and no call from the Dealership, so i get my dad to call and then they make an appointment for Friday to get it fixed.

So i come in Friday and get the antenna fixed, after i get my car i walk outside and look at the headliner and there is now a new crease in it. so i walk back inside and show them their new problem. Well i ask them to send it to the detailer and get it steamed out. Apparently it was the first time this guy had used a steamer and somehow burnt the headliner, so now i have a creased and burnt headliner. So they tell me that they have to order a new headliner and that to call them on Wednesday to make an appointment. so i get home to show my mom my cars new problem and notice that my shelf on the trunk is now broken also.

So Wednesday comes around and i call them up and he tells me that the part should be in on Friday but they cant get me an appointment until Tuesday. He also tells me that he can get me a rental car, but i inform him that I'm only 20 and he informs me that i can't get a rental car because of my age.
so now i'm waiting till Tuesday to go sit at the dealership until they finish my car completely waisting a day of my summer.
Is there anything that you guys can think of that the dealership can give me or i should ask for, for reimbursement of my time, gas, and annoyance factor? I know some of you guys work at dealerships and know the system a little better than me. Also how hard is it to switch out a headliner whats the average turn around time? Also should i check my side airbags to make sure they reconnected them because the way this dealership service is i'm afraid for my life that they can now screw something up royally.

How old do you have to be to get a rental car? Is it really that hard to do some good work?

sorry about my rant but this is just starting to get outta control. Sorry about the spelling also. its been a long day

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Re: Dealership F-up (scanlory)

depending on the agency, you can rent a car at 21. Get a loaner, and after this, a different dealer.

·
Banned
6,848 Posts
Re: Dealership F-up (Way2slo)

Quote, originally posted by Way2slo »
would a loner car be like a new gti or something like that? i mean they have an audi dealership and i know audi has a **** load of loner cars.
loaner cars are cars a dealer sets aside for random uses. ie for employees/demo's/and for customers when they leave their cars for X amount of days.

·
Registered
04 R32. Mk4 imola GTI with 3.2 swap v
9,331 Posts
Re: Dealership F-up (VacantSkies88)

most dealers dont offer rentals/ loaners (vw just isnt that way).....i didnt get a loanerl or reimbursment when my tranny needed replacing under warranty.
you should be greatful that they are willing to correct thier mistakes http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
dont use the "im only 20/poor student crap".......that stuff doesnt get you any further than you already are.
my point: as long as they are correcting mistakes by thier guys and its not coming outta your pocket, then youre ok. (thats prolly over $800 alone in parts already)

·
Registered
18,581 Posts

That's some terrible service right there
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Good luck.
You need to be 21 to get a car from a rental place, i.e. if you dealership works with Enterprise or Hertz as the place to get a car from.
If they have their own loaners it's up to them.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Dealership F-up (formerly vr6 karl)

Quote, originally posted by formerly vr6 karl »
most dealers dont offer rentals/ loaners (vw just isnt that way).....i didnt get a loanerl or reimbursment when my tranny needed replacing under warranty.
you should be greatful that they are willing to correct thier mistakes http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
dont use the "im only 20/poor student crap".......that stuff doesnt get you any further than you already are.
my point: as long as they are correcting mistakes by thier guys and its not coming outta your pocket, then youre ok. (thats prolly over $800 alone in parts already)

I'm not using that poor student crap, if they dont respect me then i send my dad in there and if that doesnt work my best friend's dad's shop does their alignments and suspension work because my dealership doesnt have the capabilities on premises so i'll get him to make some phone calls. Its just annoying that i'm outta a car every week for atleast 6 hours and i'm waisting gas getting down there and back every week.
I also have pictures before and after the services now to document any other damages caused my the service.

is there any way that i can contact VW of north america and talk to them about this experiance because it seems like the service guys are having a bad week or are just incompetent. Like i know when your having a bad week your having a bad week but god damn your getting paid to work on cars all day, have some respect.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

i know that the dealership asked u if u wanted a rental, but my car was just in the shop and i went under enterprise and they let me rent a car under my name for a week, and im 19, so im not sure if its different at the dealer

·
Registered
109 Posts
come on dude.
the workers stole your antenna there is no denying it. they liked it and took it and made you spend money for a replacement. you just happened to find it where they put it. they are prolly laughing that you still believed it broke off or whatever they told you.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.