VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the local dealership this morning in Bridgewater, NJ. THis is the third time that I have gone down there requesting to have my recaro fixed, the seat like many others has come apart. After waiting about 6 weeks from being originally told that the Area Rep or something along those lines has to look at it to validate it is bad quality work. I go there last Friday (luckly I caught the manager) he tells me the rep will be at the dealership Monday at 11 am sharp, and to make sure I was there on time. Well I should have guessed, I show up early and the rep isn't there. Long story short, after some aggreviated words with the manager about the horrible customer service they have I told him I would be calling in a complaint against the dealership to VWoA, and I would never bring my car there again. Mean while he isn't even listening to me and he turns his back to me and walks away. Lets just say at this point I will never set foot in that stealership again, I mean I missed school today to have the Rep look at my car, and he isn't even there.

*So, can someone help me out with exactly who I need to call, and possibly the phone number. Maybe I can get VWoA to set something up at a dealership in CT where I go to school.

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: Dealership wont fix 20th (IoSpYoI)

Where in CT? I can tell you to stay away from Miller. Their service has gone downhill in the past year or so. A few weeks ago I brought my car in to get the window fixed. It barely goes up and acts like there is a ghost controlling it. What did they do? They lubed up something to "make it better." All that did was gunk up the damn window. I have to make ANOTHER appt to make them replace whatever is broken (I heard something snap when this first occurred and I can hear something rattling if the window is half way down and I shake it. The other side is fine...)

Funny thing is, I didn't get a call this time to give them their "5" ranking - which I can guarantee will NOT happen. They will get a 3 from for that one.

· Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Wallingford, CT (while at school) its about 15-20 min from New Haven. Anyone know mod friendly dealerships in the area?
Any one know the number to contact VWoA ?? I really want to give this dealership all the hell that I can, they are out of hand. I can't believe the manager turned his back to me and walk'd away. AAAHHH!

· Registered
10,266 Posts
Re: Dealership wont fix 20th (ElevatedGaze)

the seat issue is a PITA, because VW will say its a wear and tear item and only cover it for 12K or 1 year....
So you have to go thru the local rep ect ect ect! they will not put you in touch with the rep as I've tried!
So my advise to you, cal VWOA tell them your problems and that the rep never showed and that the service manager litterally truned thier back to you....
Then tell them, if you are not delt with in a professional manner then your next action will be to start a file with the Better Business Burrow.
If you go the BBB route, search all the threads on here about torn seats, contact all the people on here with torn seats get pics of all thier seats, and yours, get thier names and addresses if you can. Get all the info you can possible get about this being a quite common problem. Then the BBB will send you to Arbitration, there a non-bias person will look at the facts from both sides and decide how to award...
that is your only recourse, as soon as you file with the BBB VW will see that you did and you will def start the wheels in motion but ask the 337 guys that delt with the wheel pitting issue its not easy man!

G'luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,566 Posts
Re: (Good1Spd)

Quote, originally posted by Good1Spd »
Quinnipiac?
but anyway I'd go down to Danbury VW.

Danbury has a very busy service department and it might be 2-3 weeks before you can get an appointment. I would try either Langan in Meriden or Valenti up in Watertown. I have had very good experiences with both dealerships. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
7 Posts
Re: (3VWMAN)

I like Langan in Meridan the best.
I bought my car at the Glastonbury dealership, but they are a pain in the butt to deal with if you have anything aftermarket on your car.
Langan VW Meriden
375 South Broad St.
Meriden, CT 06450
Phone (203) 237-0261

Try and talk to the "younger" crowd there if possible... they tend to be a little more understanding.

· Registered
229 Posts
Re: (3VWMAN)

Mine's been doing the same for nearly a year now. I didn't say anything to my dealership due to everyone else being told this is a "wear and tear item". There are far to many complaints for this to not be addressed by VWoA. How many of these seats are doing this? Also does Recaro not care how their seats are holding up? Anyone down for starting a list of people with this problem and forwarding that to VW? Who knows we might get lucky and get something out of it.

· Registered
316 Posts
Re: Dealership wont fix 20th (IoSpYoI)

Honestly, I had problems with different dealerships on my seats. I'm not sure if you have the same seat problem I experience, but I went to a professional. They had it fixed for 40 bucks and it will last a lot longer then the crappy fix VW will come up with.

· Registered
10,266 Posts
Re: (tritectim)

Quote, originally posted by tritectim »
Mine's been doing the same for nearly a year now. I didn't say anything to my dealership due to everyone else being told this is a "wear and tear item". There are far to many complaints for this to not be addressed by VWoA. How many of these seats are doing this? Also does Recaro not care how their seats are holding up? Anyone down for starting a list of people with this problem and forwarding that to VW? Who knows we might get lucky and get something out of it.

dude you guys are preeching to the choir, the 337 guys (namely gateway337) spend 18 months trying to get VWOA to fess up to the BBS corosion issue on our rims, the brake dust from the pdgid pads was killing the shotpeen finish.
Not even 1,000 owner compants and hundereds of BBB cases brought about a full TSB fix.... So my suggestion is to start a RECARO seat TEAR thread, get pics names and addresses and goto the BBB.
calling VWOA and complaining about a dealer is not gonan do you crap! The dealer woudl fix and try and put in for warrenty money and VWOA would shoot them down resulting in them eating the cost of fixing your seat, even though the dealer has nothing to do with how that seat in manfactured!
A Name at VW I remember when the 337 wheel issue was about was
Dillon Dunbar, he was a VWOA national rep that was working with/against the 337 owners....
Go forth and g'luck!

· Registered
55 Posts
Re: Dealership wont fix 20th (GTI0109)

disregard the name.... but i have a jb 20th and i just had my seat fixed, but not through the dealer, in a way. i called the vw service line and told them my problem ( and that i saw other people having the same problem on vortex).they called me back a couple days later and told me they talked to the dealership(north penn vw) and to bring it up there so they can take a pic. a week after the dealership called me and said to make an appointment to put a new one on. but its was just the skin not the whole seat. hope that could help

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.