VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ight, so like tuesday night i drive down to my friend's house, about a 45 minute drive...get there and am sittin outside wit one of my friends while my other friend runs inside her house to grab something...all the sudden my car beeps at me and is like STOP...im like what the ****...then it flashes the coolant thing at me....ight so im like im low on coolant...so i hop in my friends car and let my car chill and cool down for a few hours, put some water in the coolant thing and its fine from then on...
the next day i had an appointment with danbury volkswagen for the whole brake light recall thing. so when i bring in my car i tell them that my car overheated the night b4...so they told me that they would check it out...ok so for some stupid ****in reason they had to keep my car overnight and i got real heated at them...then the next day i went to go pick up my car they told me that my coolant was low and that was the reason for why i overheated...ok so they had to keep my car overnight to figure that out...anyways so i get my car back yesterday and i went out or whatever...and i took my friend home and we were sittin in my car talkin for like 10 minutes, when my ****in car beeps at me again and is flashing the coolant thing at me...and im like what the **** the vw dealer told me they checked and filled all the fluids, including coolant...and so now i brought my car to my friends garage and she said she thinks its the fan...but yea any thoughts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: DEALERSHIPS SUCK!! overheating.... (smokedvr6)

Hey! Is it me or is this the girl from the Apple switched commercial?

It was like...beep...beep....beep
What does your temp gauge read when the coolant light starts flashing? Are you sitting with the car idling on a hot day?

·
Registered
859 Posts

DUDE I feel for you trust me...
VW Dealership in Old Saybrook has had my car for over 2 weeks with 5 problems with it:

Engine mounts, front driver side suspension sqeek, Coilpatch wiring harness (Keeps throwing a engine light) I hope that is the problem,
Passenger seat sqeeked like crazy, 5th I cannot remember beacsue it was so long ago!
And I just bougth a 2001 TT Last week, picked it up thins monday and they have that car back in the sghop for "Engine light as well"
Dude I'm driving a freakin NEON!!!! From a gti, to a TT to a Neon WTF!!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: DEALERSHIPS SUCK!! overheating.... (RonsR32)

Yeah dude, Danbury VW blows, their such @$$holes over there. I went there the other day, and I ask them for a nut for my battery, their like "oh yeh we don't have any". Im like are you frekin kiddin me, thats why I just haul my arse to New Milford. The guys there are really chill. But yeh, it might be the fan actually. A friend of mine had the same problem, but it could also be the lines. Get it checked out somewhere else. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
859 Posts

Sorry dude I'll be in upper state NY that weekend for a nice 6 hour drive....
NEXT TIME DEFINITELY! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,197 Posts

You think you had a bad experience with a VW stealership? I have brought in my car 3 times to have my car checked out for overheating. And all they did was replace the coolant temp sensor which I have replaced myself already before the 3 visits. Now I'm stuck paying $200+ to replace the waterpump.
BTW your problem is with the coolant level sensor. You need to have your coolant reservoir tank replaced.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Re: DEALERSHIPS SUCK!! overheating.... (samc)

I too had a leak, minimal, but marked my tank after the first coolant alert, and noticed the drop. It would only beep after engine reached temp, even though the temp gauge was fine. Turn the car off, turn it back on, no problem.
It was a pinhole leak in the reseivior tank.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

flush your coolant.
I installed a new front mount and had the same problem. Flushed and replaced coolant and nothing for 2000 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts