VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since '07 when i first got into a vw, my first scirocco i've wanted one with a vr6 in it. So now that i have a good job i can finally afford to build one. Been planning for about a year now and the time has finally come. I do not expect this to be a fast pace build as i work 56 hrs plus a week and have a lot going on at the moment.
My intensions are to build a fun highway cruiser/ nice summer day car by no means a daily.
I will be using a eurowise stage 2 mount kit and their header.
plans are to do mild mods for now such as mk4 hg, 268 cams, mild porting, chip, will have a 3.94 ring and pinion with tdi 5th, ect. with out further delay i believe pics are in order!
THE VICTIM

THE DONAR

NOW THE DONAR WAS CUT UP AND PULLED EVERYTHINGS THIS PAST SUMMER

The past couple weeks in my spare time ive been sanding and fixing and lookin for rot, it will get a proper paint job and a mild shave and seam welds once motor is in and running. meaning yes, i am going to pull it back out and strip the car down.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As it sits as of now

While waiting for my gf to show up tonight to fix her cabrio, i began pullin the 1.8 tonight and the wiring was all cut and a rats nest, no wonder the battery kept draining:facepalm:

shoppe for kicks

^'91 jetta coupe obd1 vr6 next to it, going obd2 this summer.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice shop! :thumbup:

Where can I get those black US front blinkers? :eek:
Same place you can get a hacked up harness cluster****, po in Nazareth pa:laugh: I'll have to snap a pic of the oil pan next time I go out.. That has a hugeeeeeee pumpkin siZe dent, front fenders are fuked too.... Have a driver just need the pass, doors are getting replaced as well they have the usual rot hole next to the handle:(

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Very nice! Make sure to take pics of hood and ground clearance once the engine is installed to share with us, I heard the engine sits low and I would love to see how low it actually does :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! Make sure to take pics of hood and ground clearance once the engine is installed to share with us, I heard the engine sits low and I would love to see how low it actually does :thumbup:
Will do:thumbup:I have off this weekend, hopin to have it sitting snug by sun we'll see though...:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty happy with todays progress....started off by removing the power steering pump and ac compressor.

Then i put a spare trans on i have layin around until i can get the 3.94 outa my other car

put the rear mount on

The mount itself (poly bushing) hits the block kinda bothers me, but i cant really complain :laugh:

ANDDDDDD THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!:eek:

oil pan clearence:thumbup: good enough for me

hood clearence

after all that fun i pulled the dash and disconnected all wires from fuse block moar to come tomorrow:peace:

1 - 20 of 186 Posts