VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m writing a review of the NEW MKVI LED door flood lights from deautokey.com that have not been released to the public as of yet. Reason for my review is simple. Purchased the LED Puddle Light Conversion kit from Ebay for my 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI and was quickly disappointed. This kit is designed to replace the factory door reflectors on your VW with bright LEDs. Read the installation DIY for the kit and made the big purchase from Ross Tech for the Vag-Com cable. The kit from Ebay and other less expensive overseas sellers comes with 4 Red leds on top and 3 White ones on the bottom for the most part, contrary to what deautokey.com sells which come with 6 Red leds on top and 6 White leds on bottom which make the lamp much brighter.

Ebay leds:

deautokey.com leds:

Reason I was disappointed in the LED Puddle Light Conversion kit from Ebay is because some of the light-emitting diodes were burned out. There were supposed to be 3 light-emitting diodes in each square but some only had 1 or 2 working diodes making those particular squares not as bright as the other ones. Out of a set of 4 only 2 led puddle light bulbs were working correctly. I contacted the Ebay seller informing him that some of the led bulbs were not working properly. He asked me to send some pictures. I did and in return I’ve got no response what so ever. I was so upset I opened an Ebay case on the transaction. After waiting several days I contacted Ebay. They informed me that in order to get a refund I would have to return the merchandize. I informed Ebay that scenario is less likely to happen since the parts were installed on the vehicle and I am only having a partial problem with the 2 malfunctioning led bulbs that I would like to have replaced. Uninstalling the kit would’ve ruined my day, since that would’ve entailed to remove the door panels once more to remove the wire harness. Ebay then informed me that they’ll grant the seller 5 more days in order to respond to my claim and if no response is given, I will be granted a full refund. Well as you probably guessed by now Ebay granted me a full refund. As it turned out I was still not happy with having these terrible led bulbs in the doors after all the work I did in order to install them. The fact that they were not bright thru out and parts of them were dim because of the burned out diodes made me find alternatives. First alternative I found was www.bold-sport.com. Total: US$45.98 for a set of 4 “3D LED for VW Door Warning Lights” as they call them. This place is overseas as well. Having lost my trust in overseas companies and thinking of the possibility that if they malfunction again or have defects I would have to return ship them at my own cost I passed on the opportunity to buy them from this place.

Long story short, having purchased the Full Interior led kit from deautokey.com for my car a while back, I decided to contact them and inquire about the LED Puddle Light Conversion kit, since it was not listed on their website. As always their response was quick. They informed me that they are about to release it to the public and soon it’ll be available on their site. I was also told that if I’m interested I can still make the purchase. I jumped on the opportunity, even though they were a little more expensive than bold-sport.com. The reasons I preferred to purchase these led bulbs from deautokey.com is because they’ll give me a Life Time Warranty on them and because return shipping of any kind would not be as expensive as mailing something overseas since deautokey.com is in the USA, and also the shipping time is not as long.

In conclusion I volunteered to do this Review for the deAutoKey LED replacement modules VW door warning lights because the parts are high quality and the LED’s are assembled well. Yes I did spend a little more money than I wanted but you know what they say…. You get what you pay for. My decision was simple, for the $12 or so more I received Life-Time Warranty and I don’t have to deal with anyone in China.

I highly recommend this kit because they fit into place without issues, are ultra-bright and can be seen from a distance and overall the kit can offer more safety in terms of night visibility when parked on the side of a road. This has become one of my most favorite LED upgrades on my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I’m writing a review of the NEW MKVI LED door flood lights from deautokey.com that have not been released to the public as of yet. Reason for my review is simple. Purchased the LED Puddle Light Conversion kit from Ebay for my 2014 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI and was quickly disappointed. This kit is designed to replace the factory door reflectors on your VW with bright LEDs. Read the installation DIY for the kit and made the big purchase from Ross Tech for the Vag-Com cable. The kit from Ebay and other less expensive overseas sellers comes with 4 Red leds on top and 3 White ones on the bottom for the most part, contrary to what deautokey.com sells which come with 6 Red leds on top and 6 White leds on bottom which make the lamp much brighter.

Ebay leds:

deautokey.com leds:

Reason I was disappointed in the LED Puddle Light Conversion kit from Ebay is because some of the light-emitting diodes were burned out. There were supposed to be 3 light-emitting diodes in each square but some only had 1 or 2 working diodes making those particular squares not as bright as the other ones. Out of a set of 4 only 2 led puddle light bulbs were working correctly. I contacted the Ebay seller informing him that some of the led bulbs were not working properly. He asked me to send some pictures. I did and in return I’ve got no response what so ever. I was so upset I opened an Ebay case on the transaction. After waiting several days I contacted Ebay. They informed me that in order to get a refund I would have to return the merchandize. I informed Ebay that scenario is less likely to happen since the parts were installed on the vehicle and I am only having a partial problem with the 2 malfunctioning led bulbs that I would like to have replaced. Uninstalling the kit would’ve ruined my day, since that would’ve entailed to remove the door panels once more to remove the wire harness. Ebay then informed me that they’ll grant the seller 5 more days in order to respond to my claim and if no response is given, I will be granted a full refund. Well as you probably guessed by now Ebay granted me a full refund. As it turned out I was still not happy with having these terrible led bulbs in the doors after all the work I did in order to install them. The fact that they were not bright thru out and parts of them were dim because of the burned out diodes made me find alternatives. First alternative I found was www.bold-sport.com. Total: US$45.98 for a set of 4 “3D LED for VW Door Warning Lights” as they call them. This place is overseas as well. Having lost my trust in overseas companies and thinking of the possibility that if they malfunction again or have defects I would have to return ship them at my own cost I passed on the opportunity to buy them from this place.

Long story short, having purchased the Full Interior led kit from deautokey.com for my car a while back, I decided to contact them and inquire about the LED Puddle Light Conversion kit, since it was not listed on their website. As always their response was quick. They informed me that they are about to release it to the public and soon it’ll be available on their site. I was also told that if I’m interested I can still make the purchase. I jumped on the opportunity, even though they were a little more expensive than bold-sport.com. The reasons I preferred to purchase these led bulbs from deautokey.com is because they’ll give me a Life Time Warranty on them and because return shipping of any kind would not be as expensive as mailing something overseas since deautokey.com is in the USA, and also the shipping time is not as long.

In conclusion I volunteered to do this Review for the deAutoKey LED replacement modules VW door warning lights because the parts are high quality and the LED’s are assembled well. Yes I did spend a little more money than I wanted but you know what they say…. You get what you pay for. My decision was simple, for the $12 or so more I received Life-Time Warranty and I don’t have to deal with anyone in China.

I highly recommend this kit because they fit into place without issues, are ultra-bright and can be seen from a distance and overall the kit can offer more safety in terms of night visibility when parked on the side of a road. This has become one of my most favorite LED upgrades on my vehicle.
Will there be a red/red combo instead of the red/white Combo? I've been looking for this.

Sent using TapaTapaTalkeeTalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just wished they had released their kit before I placed my order for the "other" set... :mad:
I have beeen quite pleasaed with all my purchases fro deAutoKey.

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts
Will there be a red/red combo instead of the red/white Combo? I've been looking for this.

I just wished they had released their kit before I placed my order for the "other" set... :mad:
I have beeen quite pleasaed with all my purchases fro deAutoKey.
We are going to be looking into a red/red combo also.

We have adrian537 testing a NEW brighter version right now, he will posts results here... We are then going to manufacture the best.

Subscribe for more info.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes!!! Red/red!!!!!

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts
any special install? plug n play? :confused:
yes, if you have those puddle led that look like the above DIY, you are fine, they are plug and play, as simple as changing a bulb.

Thank you:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts
Any update on red/red combo?

No, right now we are sticking to red/white as it is a more popular option, the red/red will be coming in a month or 2.

Thank you for your patience

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Fits:
Golf V / VI / VII
Jetta V / VI
Passat B6 / B7
Scirocco MK3
Tiguan
Touareg
Fits Jetta Sportwagen VI as well, FYI. Don't forget about the Wagen crew!

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts

·
Vendor
22,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Woot woot! Merry Christmas!