VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok here is my review on an interior LED kit I recently purchased from one of our vortex advertisers, deautokey.com, about two weeks ago. I had previously bought an interior kit from them for my Golf a few weeks before that.

This kit came with all interior lights and I also tested some possible license plate lights to let them know what would work best. I think the ones I have will not be the ones they end up selling but am posting it along here anyways since it is what I got. And before anybody asks, there are resistors on all the lights to make it error free for all of you GLI folks. Although my Jetta doesn't have bulb out warnings, my Golf does, and the kit for that threw NO CODES whatsoever.

Review/Thoughts on kit and ordering experience

Quality is very good, the communication and customer service with deautokey is amazing, truly top notch! Price was nice, especially since all their prices include shipping. I honestly have nothing bad to say about my purchase. Oh, and lifetime warranty!

Link to kit ---> Deautokey.com LED Kit for Jetta

Kit came with:
2 Visor lights
2 Front map lights
2 Rear dome lights
1 Glove Box light
1 Trunk Light
2 License plate lights

The color of the light is a pure white. Think along the lines of a 5000k HID bulb, which has zero yellow and also zero blue.

Pics (sorry in advance for bad photos)

If you want to look at some better pics on what the difference is like, check out the following link to someone elses review of their Golf kit. It is very similar to what you will get in the Jetta as well. Link ---> Link
His pics are actually what convinced me to put in my order, and I was definitely pleased with my purchase!

License plate lights were shot by my cell phone and it doesn't do it justice. It is not blue at all in person and shines a nice cutoff line down to the ground. All other pics done on a simple Olympus point and shoot camera... and no I didn't bother to censor my number because that is the most nonsensical thing ever since thousands of people each day see your plates on a daily basis on the roads lol. I have some before and after photos to compare stock to LED, but only the front seats pics came out real good. I apparently have shaky hands and my camera cannot compensate that well. My friend was supposed to shoot it with his DSLR since I was in town visiting family but he had to go to a new years party that day and I had to come back to my town the next day. :/

Now on to the photos!

Stock front lights

LED Front lights

LED Trunk Light (Blurry but light output is pretty accurate)

LED License plate lights (Far Shot)

LED License Plate (Close up)

and even though it is not LED related, I also picked up a carbon fiber vinyl insert for my rear badge from them while I ordered. Came out nice! I put it on my Golf but it fits all model's emblems so if you were interested in that, or one of their other styles, including german flag or plaid, they have it available :thumbup:

Hope you guys can tolerate my crappy pics haha.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Nice write up. Deautokey is a good company. im not a fan of bright interior lights but i might get a set of these

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You shouldn't be disappointed if you do, it isn't crazy bright in the Jetta, just a very clean white light. Once he makes the item live on his site, people should give it a shot! Support our forum advertisers :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They should since GLI trim uses the same bulb types as other Jetta trims.

And if you are referring to bulb out warnings, I clearly stated it in my review in like the 2nd or 3rd paragraph. They have built in resistors on all lights, and did not throw a single bulb out code in my golf which has bulb out warnings like the GLI does.

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
will these work on the GLI
Thanks for this amazing review! Our LED set is available at the end of the week!

The GLI trim might be different but it will work. Does anyone know what LED they take and we can see if you need more or less than this listing:

http://www.deautokey.com/product/co...ror-free-fits-volkswagen-mk6-jetta-all-models

If the LED amount is the same in both listings then this will be fine, if not we can make a separate GLI Jetta MK6 listing.

Let us know.

Thank you

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To everyone, the install is not hard at all. The hardest part is popping off the front dome covers because naturally we are scared to break it. But just be slow steady and it will pop off without issues. I tugged pretty good and nothing broke.

The positive symbol on the led for the front domes faces the interior of the car I believe. If you have it facing reversed it won't light up. :thumbup:

The rest are very easy and if you refer to the bulb thread I believe there are tutorials in there for most of the bulbs. I just winged it and did it easy enough.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
With these terms:

Lifetime warranty on ALL our LED sets!
This kit will fit all MK6 VW Jetta Models!

This set is all you need and will replace ALL your interior lights and license plate LED!! High quality best on the market, hundreds of people can't be wrong! Full Warranty

*These will "fade out" when you turn off your car!*

Only a few sets left at this introductory price!
Comes with License plate and trunk LEDs!
from their site, and $49.99 including shipping ... this is te best deal I've found. So ... I ordered a set.

My only concern is the mystery extra light up front.

http://www.deautokey.com/product/co...ror-free-fits-volkswagen-mk6-jetta-all-models

Sent from my JOHN TITOR EDITION IBM 5100

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
We are sold out of our LED sets but to show our appreciation we are holding a contest.

All you have to do is like and share this post on our Facebook Page (click image below):

2 Winners will be picked at random that share and like that post in 3-6 weeks when our LED sets are back in stock.

In the meantime check out our other cool LED in stock:
http://www.deAutoKey.com/category/all-vw-led-sets-and-parts-interior-exterior

-The lights will "fade out" when you turn off your car just like your current stock lights
-These will not stay on or “glow” after you shut off your car like other sets
-Crisp White color – No cheap blue or yellow tint
-Works with MFD (car controls)
-No Errors
-Lifetime Warranty

Sign up to our mailing list to keep updated on sales and when our LED sets are back in stock.
http://www.deAutoKey.com/mailing-list-sign-up

Thank you
:thumbup:DONE! ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
same here. I usually refuse to like and share stuff on FB because it is usually ridiculous spam that is irritating, but you are definitely one small forum vendor I want to see succeed and grow :thumbup:

I ordered so far:

LED set for Golf
LED set for Jetta
Rear badge Carbon Fiber Vinyl
Steel seat inserts with dark silver carbon fiber for Golf
Carbon Fiber Instrument Cluster overlay

Still to do, carbon fiber DSG paddle shifters. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
same here. I usually refuse to like and share stuff on FB because it is usually ridiculous spam that is irritating, but you are definitely one small forum vendor I want to see succeed and grow :thumbup:

I ordered so far:

LED set for Golf
LED set for Jetta

I haven't received ours yet, but the service here has been exceptional ... I look forward to receipt.

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts

I ordered so far:

LED set for Golf
LED set for Jetta

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! Don't forget to use your return customer codes :)

LWW, It is in the mail, can't wait for some feedback.

Thanks again :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts