VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about Debadging the Vr6 when I get it but. Im not sure if Im getting it yet...
So I was just wondering if it was a pain in the ass to take off?
and How about the dealer's stickers how can u get those off without hurting the paint?

·
Registered
9,086 Posts
Re: Debadging? (VolkswagenChick)

Another thing you can use is a heatgun / hairdryer to heat up the adhesive.. then use either goo-gone, tar remover, or my personal favourite is liquid citrus degreaser (Finish Line) to remove the adhesive. don't forget that after you do this, it is imperative that you wash the crap off of it and then wax the hell out of it as the adhesive removers will strip that area of wax.
Cheers.

·
Banned
23,872 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]See I'd feel as though I was being a a-hole and insaulting them after everything they just did for me though.[HR][/HR]​
what are you talking about?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Meaning talking about the dealer sticker I'd feel as though it would be rude to ask em to take it off.
Although I just gave them some g's so they shouldn't mind.
But Im not the type to be a female puppy dog to people...

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Re: Debadging? (NJGTI)

Trust me, people ask them to take those silly stickers off all the time. All they did for you is sell you a car. Tell them you don't like the stickers and you want them to take them off.
They will say, no problem.

·
Banned
23,872 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Meaning talking about the dealer sticker I'd feel as though it would be rude to ask em to take it off.
Although I just gave them some g's so they shouldn't mind.
But Im not the type to be a female puppy dog to people...[HR][/HR]​
hahaha im sorry but i find that very amusing.
You are buying the car,you are the customer,you are paying for the car with YOUR money,you can have it whatever you want .....you tell them to detail the whole car,remove anything you dont want,put some air freshners in it,vw coffee mug...hahaa anything you want..you are the customer.whatever you want is what you get

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.