VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys It was just brought to my attention about dec.19th being a weds. I never even looked at a calendar because I was told it was Sunday so that was a big mistake on my part. But dec. 16th is the day I was going for. I thought a Sunday would be perfect for a gtg. So let me know the interest on this gtg now that it is on dec.16 and a Sunday. It is really my hope to use ontario mills mall in ontario as the place for the gtg unless we can find a good place that might be covered parking or insure enough parking for people and also have something around that can have us all keeping busy if a big turn out doesn't happen but I am crossing my fingers for a big one I am bring a show winning a2 gti with me and a decked out jetta and gti both A4's and probably at least 10 people I know so that's for sure count at least 10 to 15 and than what ever interest I hope this will spark in people. But seriously if you are going to select another location it has to be close off the freeway and a cant miss place with enough parking for at least 30 cars.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (blueabdjetta)

well, i think the Ontario Mills is a great idea especially on a Sunday. There's enough parking for sure maybe one of these days(namely Sunday) i'll swing by there to hunt for a parking area that's usually desolate.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (Newwaveboy)

yeah that would be good of you to go on a sunday and check it out i found that by the theatre in the front the one not attached has good parking and in front of marshalls is a huge lot so let me know what you think. thanks man.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (blueabdjetta)

ontario is a little too far from OC. don't think i'll be able to make this one. why don't you guys show up for winterfest this sat at HB.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (GOGOVDUBER)

i cant go to that i have to work on saturday both my jobs cause i have to pull in that 60 hour work week to hook the dub up but really try and make it it aint to far and it will be fun.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

hmmm i dont see to much interest can i get some resonses maybe as to why?

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
i'll make it quick for ya.
1 - lotsa gatherings already happening. HB and Renner last weekend, pasadena this weekend, this would be the third in 3 weeks.
2 - mall parking lots at holiday times = no fun at all.
3 - overall enthusiasm of cali dubbers. I've noticed that most cali dubbers are down for about 1 gtg per month, and it has to be as close to their house as possible. When i was in oregon, GTG were every weekend, and driving a hundred or 200 miles wasnt uncalled for.
Hope that helps. Not trying to be negative, just give you an idea.
i'd come, but i'll be out of town. Goin home for christmas.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (Slapshotnerd)

Where is this mall? i am new to the san diego area. But if ya send me dirs. i will probally be able to make it on the 16th. Always good to check out fellow dubs cars.

Laters

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (X-Faith)

Yep, directions and a time and I'm there dude. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: Dec 16th socal first club h2o gtg (Weaver)

directions - I5 north - to the 57 north - to the 10 East. About 5 or 10 miles east on the 10. Thats the way I'd come.
There's also the 15 north to the 10 west, but I think that way is a bit longer.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

alright well i am thinking of relocating here but still somewhere not to far from ontario is that alright with everyone?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts