21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
That is beautiful! Have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Change out the oil in the differentials and the transfer case before commiting it to full DD duty. After I did this in my old iX, the car felt MUCH better.

Keep her in good condition and watch out for trouble rust spots on the E30 body (rear trunk battery tray and jack storage location, floor panels in the front and bottom of the front fenders).

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Blue, 2013 Infiniti G37x Coupe
22,225 Posts
Says the guy who answers VQ to every "which engine" question and CVT to every "which transmission" question and Altima/Maxima to every "which car" question.
Two things...

What does that have to do with what I said?

That's BS anyway.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Congrats. She looks clean. Keep an eye out for rust along the bottom edge of the doors and the battery box. A lot of crud accumulates underneath the fender flares and skirts too which will promote rust. I had a 4-dr iX and used it as a daily. It is a great car.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
40,772 Posts
Two things...

What does that have to do with what I said?

That's BS anyway.
Obviously he he explained that because people chastise him and wanted to lay it on the table right away.

My jest with you was partially rooted in truth and experience, obviously I struck a sensitive nerve.

Nothing personal though. :beer:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Any advice on shopping for these? It seems like everyone knows about e30s on eBay and bids them up, but the ones on my local craigslist are full of heroin needles.

Is simple patience the key?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
everytime I come across one for sale, it almost always includes this little nugget .....'only has 50K miles but the odometer stopped working about 6 months ago but car is rarely driven.......car also comes w/ spares'

21 - 40 of 102 Posts