VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need new suspension for my car, and need to make a decison about what I want for christmas. I want a good drop, but nothing huge, and have to have a very reasonable budget because its my parents buying whatever kit I want. I don't race really, but want something that will handle much better than stock. The low prices of the weitec kit have attracted me lately, and sorry about another suspension post, just need some last minute opinions

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Re: decision for xmas! (soslow2.0)

I have never ridden in a car with the cup kit but I have heard that it can be harsh at times and unforgiving. I know I am probably going to get flamed for this but I say go with an RPI spring/strut combo- cheaper than the cup kit- not as harsh of a ride.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: decision for xmas! (TeamDynasty95JettaGL)

Im thinking Ill just go with the gt kit, weitec, because the price is good, and I think it would be best for me, my gf won't be really pissed either, like she would with a super harsh ride.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Re: decision for xmas! (igneousGOlF)

Idon't think that you should base what suspension you buy on your girlfriend cause you'll prolly end up with something you won't really want but won't tell her. If she really likes you she'll learn to deal with whatever you get!

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: decision for xmas! (A3VWGOLF)

oh I know, believe me, she hates my new magnaflow catback, but she deals with it. I just don't want something too harsh in general, with new england roads, and a lot of driving around with her, an alright ride would be nice, but I want good handling at the same time, and it seems pretty much that this gt kit would fit that the best.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Re: decision for xmas! (igneousGOlF)

theres a group buy going on in the jetta 4 forum for the weitec GT suspension for 345.... the dude told me he could hook up the 60/40 for a jetta 3 at the same price.. do a search and you will find it... i just ordered mine http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif same drop as the cup kit.. almost half the price..

[Modified by vwcruisn, 11:29 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Re: decision for xmas! (vwcruisn)

Arrgghhh...... NO!

I just bought a H&R cup kit for $625 it should be here tomorrow, should I feel reamed for not getting a Weitec for $345? should I call and cancel the H&R??
help a newbie

[Modified by soslow2.0, 5:23 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Re: decision for xmas! (soslow2.0)

Don't cancel your order, you won't be disappointed. I have the Cup Kit and I love it. Perfect drop and perfect ride. I must admit that the current prices on the Weitec (through Rapid Parts, I assume), would be quite tempting.
T.C.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts
Re: decision for xmas! (VolkSchnell-GTI)

hey igneousGOlF.....are you goin to the dyno GTG in sandwich ma dec 1st? i could give you a ride. i have the wietec GT with 17's right now.
personally, i dont think its harsh at all...its actually kinda nice with the stockies on. i dont know what size rims you have but the 17's make it a little more harsh. i dunno. just thought id offer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.