VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it something i want to do ? pros and cons ? what exactly does it do to my engine ? im going to be decking a kr head and slapping it on my 2.0 9A block with a 50mm manifold.
also: my gti was a 1988 1.8 16v KR so whats my fuel system ? CIS ? thanks in advance

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: DECKING (liquidtension)

decking the head will raise the compression ratio. more pressure in the cylinders at top dead center means more torque and hp. if you increase your compression ratio you will need to use higher octane fuel. my 9A's cr is 11.5:1 and if i don't put 93 octane in, it knocks and burns headgaskets.
if you raise the cr too much, you will have to retard the ignition timing, which will counteract any power gains you made by the cr change.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: DECKING (diablerouge)

Quote, originally posted by diablerouge »
decking the head will raise the compression ratio. more pressure in the cylinders at top dead center means more torque and hp. if you increase your compression ratio you will need to use higher octane fuel. my 9A's cr is 11.5:1 and if i don't put 93 octane in, it knocks and burns headgaskets.
if you raise the cr too much, you will have to retard the ignition timing, which will counteract any power gains you made by the cr change.

how much did you have shaved off to get 11.5-1?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts