VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone exepreinced a decrease in MPG after the "update for the transmission control module" TSB (Recall 0E-12). It seems that I am getting only 12-13 MPG city after my first oil change when the TSB was done. I have an '06 V6 with about 7K miles. I was getting 15-17 around town and 19-20 on the highway prior to service. I haven't been on the highway since service to notice a difference in highway MPG. I checked tire PSi and it's OK. I switch between 87 and super for gas.
I thought MPG normally gets better as the car breaks in.

Modified by PiLL at 7:12 AM 2-4-2007

· Registered
7 Posts
the shift points have been changed...the T-reg now holds gears a little longer so city mileage will suffer. Higway should be the same. Thats the reson I wont have my Trans re-mapped. If you want it t hold a gear do it manually....

· Registered
29 Posts
Re: Decreased MPG after transmission TSB (PiLL)

I have not noticed any decrease in MPG since the TSB on the transmission with my V-8. Was getting around 14.5mpg around town and still do. Depending on speed, I get about 17-18mpg on the highway. No real difference with mileage just smoother shifts.

· Registered
600 Posts
Re: Decreased MPG after transmission TSB (PiLL)

My mileage is way down. I was thinking it might have been the exceptionally cold weather, but maybe not....I'm down around 3-5mpg overall. I LOVE the way it shifts now, but not impressed with the mileage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.