VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm at a dilemma. I'm trying to decide if I want to go the defcon route or put the extra money into ARB bushings. What would you pick between these 2 options? They both equal to the same cost $$ wise so that's why I've got the ARB bushings in the second option but not the first. I'm thinking the 2nd option would be the stiffest as it's not rubber OEM bushings.. but on the other hand, are Defcons THAT much better than full poly?

1. Defcon 2
Defcon adapters
Front control arm Front OEM rubber bushings
Front control arm Rear OEM Bushings (solid from mk2 TT)
Bolt Kit

OR

2. Full powerflex setup with ARB bushes.
Front control arm bushing front Powerflex
Front control arm bushing Rear Powerflex
Rear Powerflex ARB
Front Powerflex ARB

· Registered
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah these are for the front control arms. I've decided to go the defcon route I think. I figure I'll do the suspension in stages. Control arm bushings in this round and then get new sway bars (f+r) in the next round. Maybe do some rear bushings in round 2 as well.

So I'll replace:

DEFCON Adapters (Pair) - A
Front OEM Rubber Bushes (Pair) - B
Rear OEM Bushes - as supplied on 2001-2006 cars, solid (Pair) - E
Bolt kit (two front and two rear bolts, two rear nuts, six balljoint nuts) - F

DEFCON 2 (Contains A, B, E, F)

plus new ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar end links and strut bearings and then oem front sway bar bushings too as they're cheap.

· Registered
2,830 Posts
yeah these are for the front control arms. I've decided to go the defcon route I think. I figure I'll do the suspension in stages. Control arm bushings in this round and then get new sway bars (f+r) in the next round. Maybe do some rear bushings in round 2 as well.

So I'll replace:

DEFCON Adapters (Pair) - A
Front OEM Rubber Bushes (Pair) - B
Rear OEM Bushes - as supplied on 2001-2006 cars, solid (Pair) - E
Bolt kit (two front and two rear bolts, two rear nuts, six balljoint nuts) - F

DEFCON 2 (Contains A, B, E, F)

plus new ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar end links and strut bearings and then oem front sway bar bushings too as they're cheap.
Looks like you'll end up close to mine when you're finished. FWIW, my suspension build albums are at: http://public.fotki.com/TTQ2K2/

· Registered
7,120 Posts
i had the Powerflex in the fronts and then went to the Defcons w/ powerflex!! That was what made it good! i did go back to factory in the rear of the front control arms and have less complaints!

mkII arms stock < mkII arms w/ powerflex (still same diameter bushing) < mk II arms w/ defcon (same diameter of mkI arms)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.