VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen people on here talk about replacing coil packs on their 24v vr6 cars... What is this all about?
-03 GLI

·
Registered
893 Posts
Re: (bad apples)

You just bought your car, so you should be OK.
Don't worry about it.
..When they fail your car runs like crap and the Check Engine Light comes on. But seriously, you'll be fine. If your car has bad coilpacks, you'll get a letter from VWoA when they decide to do a recall.
Don't worry about this stuff! Enjoy your new car! Go for a drive, right now!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: (bad apples)

yea i just had my 10,000 mile service and had them check my coils..they said it was ok and i had the updated coils...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: (gti-vr6-er)

the dealer told me there is no update part for the coil....when they replace.. they put some coil that have the same part number as the old one.... so they'll fail again....

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: (GG_GLI)

Quote, originally posted by GG_GLI »
the dealer told me there is no update part for the coil....when they replace.. they put some coil that have the same part number as the old one.... so they'll fail again....

This is SO WRONG. Either your dealer can not read or just bs's you. Either way, the "bad" coils end in "A", the "good" replacement coils end in "D".

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Re: Defective Coil Packs on GLI??? (bad apples)

I got a letter in the mail that said "take this notice into the dealer and get your ignition coils replaced". So I did.
........The parts are on order

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Defective Coil Packs on GLI??? (Strikland)

I asked my dealer to replace them twice (when I got the letter, and later when I was in to try and fix the stalling problem). They wouldn't do it either time, and now the coil packs just failed (10,666 miles) so I'm waiting for the tow truck... I had my 10000 mile service scheduled so I'm hoping to snag a discount on it, through skirt hikin' or just plain bitchin'
Good luck to everyone else when this happens
~Michelle

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
skirt hikin' sounds good to me!!!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Defective Coil Packs on GLI??? (loef0024)

call VW Assit and let them know your VW dealer won't do the work. Or take it to another dealer.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Re: Defective Coil Packs on GLI??? (bad apples)

Yeah.I just got my recall notice from VW Canada. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Defective Coil Packs on GLI??? (Ereinion)

I got mine replaced today.Is it just me or the car feels stronger and pulls harder with the new ones.What do you think guys?Thanks!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Re: Defective Coil Packs on GLI??? (3895544)

They prolly did an ECU reset (they are supposed to) when they replaced the parts. My car ran GREAT (pulled like a monster) after I'd left the battery disconnected for a couple hours when I did my CAI install. I think I'm going to add 'disconnect the battery for two hours' to my monthly maintenance schedule.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts