VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to drive all out on Defense highway (450 in AA CNTY) when I go to Annapolis Mall. But my last trip up that way I got stuck behind a old man in a slow ass Ranger. I not mad at the man because he chose to drive the posted speed limit. Just wish they would put a passing lane in that area.

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (Breaker-Breaker)

who needs a passing lane?!?! that stretch w/ the small bridge on it is a perfect passing zone... as is the part before the 25MPH turn(goin towards the mall)

i was following a GSXR1100 down it today... well, more like trying to keep him in sight

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (Anand20v)

the freshly paved stretch is almost exactly 1320ft too. late night 1/4 runs are great. house is right before that stretch too. one run down, one run back, hang a right and I'm home. can't beat it.
my new favorite AA Co road is Bell Branch road. it's only 1.5lanes wide, with no shoulder and earthen "jersey barriers" on either side and twisty as hell. can't beat it. chesterfield rd is fun too, but has more traffic during the day.

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (Black_MkIV)

bell branch is another good road... i've started to learn all the roads back around dville and south... good times back there!! i've wasted a tank of gas in one day back there in the summer

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (Anand20v)

How about St. Stephens Church Rd.... get all back deep in the woods... end up near Staples Corner. Those are some nice twisty turns... watch out though.. many ppl have bit it on those roads.
Defense highway is a nice run... i know exactly the part you speak of with the bridge... I let it rip there.
Also.. Dairy Farm Rd... nice little stretch past where the Boys in Blue sit and shoot radar... can hit a buck 10 there no sweat... no roads connecting to it to worry bout ppl pulling out or turning on to it. hehe

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

How about St. Stephens Church Rd.... get all back deep in the woods... end up near Staples Corner. Those are some nice twisty turns... watch out though.. many ppl have bit it on those roads.
Defense highway is a nice run... i know exactly the part you speak of with the bridge... I let it rip there.
Also.. Dairy Farm Rd... nice little stretch past where the Boys in Blue sit and shoot radar... can hit a buck 10 there no sweat... no roads connecting to it to worry bout ppl pulling out or turning on to it. hehe

Drive Safe

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (VdubBry)

St. Stephens is too torn up with all the new construction back there. Came out of a hard, off-camber left at about 65+ and hit a line of cold patch in the road that upset the car and damn near put me into a tree. Hopefully they'll repave before too long.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (Black_MkIV)

you guys familiar with crownsville? river road is awseome... so twisty and when its dark its SO much fun

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (DubbStarr21)

going down the hill on river road... the 2nd corner, the tight left hander.... yank the ebrake, kick the ass end around and drift all the way through it(takes a lot more perfection in my GTI than it does in my dad's A4 1.8t quattro....)... thats the same turn where i came to the realization that when you drifve a RWD car(93 325i 5-spd) w/ 225/245 AVS Sports on it... and you switch to Kumhos on the back.... don't expect it to still grip under full throttle in 1st gear comin out of turns

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (Breaker-Breaker)

You guys also may want to try Westphalia Road off of Brown Road in Upper Mayberry (Upper Marlboro) PG CNTY. Lost of turns and hills. WARNING Also has lots of driveways and blind corners. Plus its exactly two lanes wide with no shoulders and dirt retaining walls.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

al man that road is of the heezie i've only been through there in my work truck

·
Registered
144 Posts

Good stuff!! I'm fairly new to MD, and I only knew of a couple good places to play...now I have some ideas of where to go!
Back home (in NH), we had tons of fun roads to romp on, it's a lot harder to find them here.

Hey Breaker-Breaker....I work in Lanham....I'll have to keep my eyes open for you.....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]You guys also may want to try Westphalia Road off of Brown Road in Upper Mayberry (Upper Marlboro) PG CNTY. Lost of turns and hills. WARNING Also has lots of driveways and blind corners. Plus its exactly two lanes wide with no shoulders and dirt retaining walls.[HR][/HR]​
I know that road very well.

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (blue98jettavr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]al man that road is of the heezie i've only been through there in my work truck[HR][/HR]​
hahaha i can just see this huge ass mack truck hauling ass apexing corners down the road hahaha "Crazed madman terrorizes country road with Mack trucK" <--- headlines

·
Registered
335 Posts

theres this part of new cut road behind benfield pines rink... theres not even a line in the middle separating the two sides, its totally all trees and turns its great

·
Banned
9,922 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (DubbStarr21)

quote:[HR][/HR]theres this part of new cut road behind benfield pines rink... theres not even a line in the middle separating the two sides, its totally all trees and turns its great[HR][/HR]​
first time ihauled ass down that road i came around a bend to find a school bus across the entire damn road.... the look on the drivers face as i slid sideways to a stop was quite amazing as well.. its great to HAUL down the hill from the ice rink and then nail the brakes into the easy right and then the 90º right hander... pull over, and smell dem brakes

·
Registered
335 Posts

omg almost same thing happened to me... i was coming back from SPRFC... taking some serious detours... on an work-out sweated my butt of high or something...
and i was flying around the like 90 degree turn and there was a dump truck RIGHT there... talk about smelling some brakes man... some scurry ****e... but man was it fun after my heart starting beating again!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

Has anybody in P.G. County driven on Church Road in Bowie. I love driving on that road, I drive down the whole road then make a U-turn then do it again.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: Defense Highway a FUN road to drive if your not behind a slow person. (2kjettaguy)

quote:[HR][/HR]All these roads rock. I took the sharp bend on river at 40 on stock tires. Umm, understeer? wow. Underwood road is nuts too
[HR][/HR]​
I live on Underwood Rd and have always gotten complaints from my neighbors about my driving
Screw them I just love to rock the road

1 - 20 of 20 Posts