VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer told me yesterday that this combo may not be out until December??? Was he BSing me? He said VW was having some trouble mating the 6spd to the 24V. This would mean a delayed intro of the new GTI and the GLI!!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: Delayed Introduction of the 24V 6SPD (JWHITE)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dealer told me yesterday that this combo may not be out until December??? Was he BSing me? He said VW was having some trouble mating the 6spd to the 24V. This would mean a delayed intro of the new GTI and the GLI!![HR][/HR]​
Your dealer is full of you know what. Think about it, how could they have the GLI at the Detroit autoshow and not have this thing working properly...
Besides, this engine and transmission has been in Europe for how long?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Re: Delayed Introduction of the 24V 6SPD (DGMVW)

...while I have no idea if it is true or not (though I don't think it will be delayed that long and/or they are all going into GTi and GLi's), sounds like your dealer wants to make his quota and have you buy a car off the lot

·
Registered
154 Posts

I think ur dealer is full of it ... i have a 2002 GTI vr6 24v with 6 speed that is supposed to arrive around the end of May or begining of april. The 2003 will not be availible until October, so ur dealer may be talking about a 2003 model.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Re: Delayed Introduction of the 24V 6SPD ('97Trek2.0)

quote:[HR][/HR]the have been putting the same combo in the european models for a year or two haven't they? i wouldn't see why it would be any different for them to send them here.[HR][/HR]​
The Euro ones come with the 4Motion system so there ARE differences ... the rest is well speculation. I'll believe it when I see it

·
Registered
2,815 Posts

Hummm don't think so!!! A lot of them seem to know jack and it really frustrates me!!! The other time a guy was pricing my sister the wrong car although he thought it was the right one. DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH! VW should have a better look at their dealers cause a lot of them should be out the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.