VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (ze)

i hit my girlfriends jetta with my door and it put a good dent in it... i took it to the dealer and they had a guy that specialized in dent removeing .. he got it out and buffed the spot so you cant even tell it was hit... all for the low low price of 65 bucks..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif good luck on the dent..

·
Registered
11,818 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (awwsheeet)

a grocery cart fell off of a curb and landed on my hood once. I took the car over to local dent remover. He was able push out the main bulge and then massage it over. He couldn't get it perfect so he didn't charge me, but if he had it would have only been about $50. If you ask me, it's pretty damn close to perfect. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (awwsheeet)

Hmmm what were YOU doing on your hood hmmmmmmmm

Seriously if its just a dent that is an easy fix for a body shop. I had a 2 x 4 fall on my BMW a few years back.
It was less than $100 to repair.
drive - drive - drive

·
Registered
940 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (2001Bora)

I second Dent Wizard. I got backed into and they totally fixed my hood which I thought needed replacing. Rather than the cost of a new hood and paint, it was $75 bucks, because the guy couldn't finish the thing, there was a HAIRLINE dent still around the place the VW symbol fits into, which still looked fine, no one ever noticed, he cut me a VERY good deal. Great people to work with in my experience. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
20,077 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (jaydub)

quote:[HR][/HR]seriously, i'd like to recommend dent wizard too. They got rid of this:

There were two others similar, and he did all of them for $65 total.[HR][/HR]​
How do they do that? A guy at work had his van fixed up by a dent guy who comes to you. the description I heard was that he drilled a small hole in door frame then reached in with a tool to push the sheet metal out

I've got a dent about 1/2 the severity of the one posted above but it's driving me nuts
I gotta find a inexpensive solution.

·
Registered
140 Posts

dont have a pic but right below my passenger handle is a small dent from a stoopid passenger swinging the door open into a pole. I called the wizard and they are having the guy look at it today. Ill let yall know how it goes since im definitly getting it fixed since everytime I look at my baby my eyes fixate on the dent

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (PhillyGolfGurl)

quote:[HR][/HR] Ill let yall know how it goes since im definitly getting it fixed since everytime I look at my baby my eyes fixate on the dent
[HR][/HR]​
Isn't that funny how that works??

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (flyjetta)

I have one on my hood as well---i think it was there when I bought the car and I didnt notice it untill i really cleaned it....now its too lat to have them fix it....oh well---i have heard really good things about dent wizzard and will be calling them soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]He didn't have to drill any holes, he slid the tool between the outside of the window and the dent. he was all done w/ my car in a matter of 30 minutes.[HR][/HR]​
I just came back from seeing the dent wizard. He said he could do it the way jaydub said with out drilling holes and it would take 30 mins. But he wants 135 dollars!!!! The dent is like 3 inches long with a slight line in the middle. For a half hour of work it seems like a lot of money. Im thinking that the passenger who did this should pay at least half of it. what does everyone think?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Re: dent in the hood (PhillyGolfGurl)

haha good luck getting a passenger to pay, they'll just say "it's not my car."
He gave me a really great price because he did four cars at once: mine, my wife's, my mom's, and my stepdad's.
Still $135 isn't a horrible price, though i'd see if another dent wizard guy might charge you less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts