VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately its been pretty slow at work, so when stuff does come up, I find myself a bit uninspired. So the question becomes, where does one go for consistent design inspiration? There are always good random sites out there, but what about sites that consistently highlight good design? Where do you go?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Re: Design Inspiration - where do you get yours? (gtivr4)

i have a library of books. Design sites are okay.
I like to check designiskinky.com and lounge72.com, they usually have updates with neat work.
I also like to go for a walk and step away from the computer because it itself becomes a creative block.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Re: Design Inspiration - where do you get yours? (MrPoonerson)

i go downstair and walk around the neighborhood around my office... take my digital camera and snap a few photos... SoHo is good for inspiration (and gorgeous women)
that or i switch to a totally different type of music to listen to for a while... i tend to do very different work depending on what music im listening to... though latley im feeling a little burned out...
i have been trying to scale back on my workload some and keep the late nights to a minimum... that and if im feeling inspired i drop everythin and whip out the sketchpad to scribble stuff out...
i tend to just sketch very loosely.. random things all day long.. and use that for ideas too
i probably go through a ream of 11x17 copy paper every 2 weeks... sorry trees

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Re: Design Inspiration - where do you get yours? (gtivr4)

I know how you feel. And lately many sites that used to be good aren't there anymore or have lacked in updating.
I subscribe to Before and After Magazine (www.bamag.com) It is pretty good but they aren't updating as much as I'd like and when they do it isn't as great as about a year ago. I also go to http://www.macdesktops.com to see some nice wallpapers which sometimes gets an idea in my head.
Usually whenever I am near a bookstore, I try and go in to look at the design mags. I always get some inspiration there. or go to a paper company's site and see if they have samples, they can trigger some small design idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts