VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the immobilizer chip from my bad ecm and install it into my new/used one? If doing so will this alleviate the need to do an immobilizer defeat?

The ecm in question is an MK4 12v VR6 ecm. If it is possible, does anyone happen to know which chip it is? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Is it possible to remove the immobilizer chip from my bad ecm and install it into my new/used one? If doing so will this alleviate the need to do an immobilizer defeat?

The ecm in question is an MK4 12v VR6 ecm. If it is possible, does anyone happen to know which chip it is? Thanks.
You can do this with a $20 chinese vag com cable and google search, you do not need to remove the chip.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do this with a $20 chinese vag com cable and google search, you do not need to remove the chip.
Thanks for the response! Can you please elaborate? I would still need to buy the software, correct? Sorry if I seem ignorant to all of this but when it comes to VW's I have zero experience with anything ecm related.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.