VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long talk with VikF on the board here on our last GTG, I've got enough confidence to say that my car has some serious issues that needs to be addressed.
1. I need to do the EGR mod through the VAG-Com. Anyone with a VAG-Com in Southern Ontario, could you please help me out on this one?
2. I need to "flush" the intercooler. Because I was never told to let my car cool down after any sort of driving, VikF told me that my turbo should be really screwed by now. The intercooler probably has a lot of "gunk" in it that needs to be cleaned out.
3. The turbo fins "thingy's" are probably stuck up with gunk as well, how do I clean that..?
I don't have the resources/materials/expertise and guts to do any of these things.... If someone can really do this for me, I will compensate them for their time and effort. I don't want to take the car into the dealership and let them rob me, I'd be more than willing to pay an enthusiast for their work and effort!
PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (howing)

Offer Vik 50 bucks to do it.
The look on your face when Vik was telling you all this last night was priceless. "I have a what? Inter what? Inter cooler? Whats that do?"
hah
-Justin

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (stabb3d)

shaddup Justin.. hahaha..! EGR?? what EGR??? Intercooler??? hah?!?
what??? turbo fins??? ooooOhhh!!! those "thingy's"...!!

Vik.. I'll give you 60 bucks to help me out.. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts

just pull the vacuum line off your egr valve and plug the end of the vacuum line...it will throw a CEL but that means it worked
...that should hold you over until you find someone with a VAG....that should clear up your soot problem.
you should also looking into bypassing your CCV to prevent oil being recycled back into your intake...then once you've done your EGR and CCV you will never have to clean your IC again
...weee

check http://www.tdiclub.com for many different ways to bypass your CCV.

[Modified by ST33LR4T, 6:31 PM 8-3-2002]

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (ST33LR4T)

i don't have the ballz to take my engine apart... to make myself look dumb, I even lost one of the screws while taking off the engine cover.

i need so much help.. it's not even funny.

·
Registered
10,725 Posts

The gunk I cleaned out of my EGR valve and intake manifold.
holy carbon buildup batman!!!
is this a TDI thing?? or do i have this stuff inside my engine too???

·
Registered
14,345 Posts

If you always shut off your engine right after hard driving, cleaning out your intercooler isn't going to help. Oil that has burned up and conked up in your turbocharger is permanently there. Cleaning your intercooler cleans out soot from the EGR system; you should disable the EGR system using the VAG-COM. Whatever crap has gunked up in the turbo is in there and is not related to the IC.

[Modified by Deception, 2:05 AM 8-4-2002]

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (Deception)

im sure you have some carbon in your engine but its really a diesel thing...its a combo of oily crankcase gases being vented back into the intake plus soot which makes a nice sticky paste.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (ST33LR4T)

so what should i do if the stuff is permanately there? any way to take that stuff out?
I should flush out my IC before i turn off the EGR right? I should also clean the intake manifold too?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts

Considering i'm a distro for VAG COM's I have one that you can use

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (2xtrms)

quote:[HR][/HR]Considering i'm a distro for VAG COM's I have one that you can use
[HR][/HR]​
How much do you charge for them?
Is there a special vortex price?

And that price includes the cord and software right?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Desperate need for "PROFESSIONAL" help (Terragen)

Zach,
When's a good time for you so you and I could meet up? No luck having Brian P. attempt today since his Vag wasn't working.... I really need to get this EGR done.
I sent you IM too, but was scared it wasn't working.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts