VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GOlF is full with swirls marks..!! I plan to detail my car this weekend..!! So anyone here could give me a suggestion of what kind of brand should I use and also the step in detailing a black car..???
Thanks

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Re: detailing a black car..!! (vw_golf)

My experience with my wife's car is to do a two-step process with IHG (3M Imperial Hand Glaze) first, then a coat or two of Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax. Make sure it's done in the shade and the car is cool.
Black is a pain, that's for sure...
T.C.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: detailing a black car..!! (collins_tc)

quote:[HR][/HR]My experience with my wife's car is to do a two-step process with IHG (3M Imperial Hand Glaze) first, then a coat or two of Mother's Pure Carnuba Wax. Make sure it's done in the shade and the car is cool.
Black is a pain, that's for sure...
T.C.[HR][/HR]​
But then black looks absolutely wicked when nice and shiny !

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

I've had very good results with Zymol Cleaner Wax (the light blue stuff you can buy at Walmart or Pep Boys) on my black Jetta. The wax protection doesn't last long, but it does a good job of getting the fine scratches out and it looks GREAT.

·
Registered
81 Posts

i used zaino bros stuff on my car and the next day it rained and i was pissed..then after school and looked at my car and there was water all over it..then i drove home and when i got home and in the garage and turned on the light to dry it off i realized that THE CAR WAS SPOTLESS!!...so if you drive in rain or driving...dries it the car for you. and my car looks great it gives it the best shine and makes your paint looks like it has like 15 layers...and its soo smooth you could use it as a slide!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts

My black car was COVERED in nasty swirl marks when I picked it up, and I finally used Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze last night. The result is incredible! No visible swirls, no waxy shine. I'm not going to bother searching any further than Klasse.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: detailing a black car..!! (Skorp)

I've only used the Klasse All in One and Sealant Glaze. Both of the products work very well on my Black Magic paint. So far the Klasse products have held up much better than the Zymol wax I used before.
Check with Steve at http://www.tacscar.com/ for Holiday pricing on Klasse.
Regards,
Fujisan

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

the only way to really get swirls out of you paint is to polish the paint, prefferably with a machine buffer if you are good. wax just fills the swirls in but they'll keep coming back when the wax wears away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts