VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is detonating even before boost.... i use 94 octane, my timing is at 6 deg. what is the problem? by the way this is a matrix 16v turbo kit.... and i sent the chip back so they could look at it and i havent got it back yet. i take it easy with the car and it still detonates.

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: detonation! HELP!!!!!!!! (SILVERADO)

well with the matrix kit you run stock compression. yes the base timing is at 6 deg. and im not sure if the knock sensors are good... is there a way to check.
thanks
Jared

· Banned
2,158 Posts
Re: detonation! HELP!!!!!!!! (nimbusgti)

Reduce the base timing,unplug your 02,or adjust the mixture with the CIS 3mm wrench,you have to try to richen it up ,or retard the timing somehow................Try 0deg.base timing,and if your knock sensor wire is all rotten or f'd up you might be getting to much advance and the knock sensing Motronic is'nt getting "knock" signal and is still advancing?

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: detonation! HELP!!!!!!!! (SILVERADO)

ok... i got my chip back and the car tears A$$! so im all siked but it still hesitates alittle underboost... like 1 cylinder is misfiring.. what could be the cause of that?

· Registered
364 Posts
Re: detonation! HELP!!!!!!!! (nimbusgti)

Quote, originally posted by nimbusgti »
ok... i got my chip back and the car tears A$$! so im all siked but it still hesitates alittle underboost... like 1 cylinder is misfiring.. what could be the cause of that?

How are your spark plugs, or cables?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.