VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 GTI VR6, 74,000 miles.
My CEL has been off and on for about 3 months...according to the diagnostics, there's a bad ground somewhere. Rather than have the shop poke around until he found something that might be the cause, I've done nothing. My car has no problems, otherwise.
Recently (past week), my EPC and ASR lights have started coming on for no apparent reason. They both come on at the same time, but then sometimes the EPC light will go off after a while (5min+)...the ASR light will not go off by itself (and the switch does nothing) and won't go off until I stop and restart the car.
There don't seem to be any actual problems with the car -- power is normal, fluid levels are fine, all the other electricals work ok (sunroof, windows, lights, seat heaters, autodimming mirror, side mirror heaters and motors, wipers, etc). This is getting really frustrating and I'd like to figure out what's causing it and fix it. If anyone has had a similar problem (and correctly diagnosed it), or if you have any brilliant ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Re: Diagnose dash light problem: CEL, EPC, ASR (bigelliot)

ASR/ESP, then EPC, then CEL...for me, they went out in that order...it turned out to be the MAF...
edit: btw, i only felt a slight power loss when getting off the line, their were no other obvious problems

[Modified by Pure VDuBBin, 2:24 PM 1-28-2003]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts