VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see those manly diaper bags... We have our daughter (2 years old) another one on the way. We need to get another bag to handle both of their stuff. Suggest me what you have. I have been looking at the Dadgear backpack and also the Diaperdude messenger bags.

TIA

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Lets see those manly diaper bags... We have our daughter (2 years old) another one on the way. We need to get another bag to handle both of their stuff. Suggest me what you have. I have been looking at the Dadgear backpack and also the Diaperdude messenger bags.

TIA
Really?? It's a diaper bag for goodness sake. Use the one you have and wear it like a badge of honor.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Really?? It's a diaper bag for goodness sake. Use the one you have and wear it like a badge of honor.
^ THIS

Ours was fairly generic looking anyway, but I never had any problem carrying it around for both of my kids. I could seriously care less if someone sees me walk by and thinks "oooooo, look at him! He's carrying a baby bag! Snicker, giggle" No sh*t jackwagon, I've got a baby so yeah, I'm carrying a baby bag :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
^ THIS

Ours was fairly generic looking anyway, but I never had any problem carrying it around for both of my kids. I could seriously care less if someone sees me walk by and thinks "oooooo, look at him! He's carrying a baby bag! Snicker, giggle" No sh*t jackwagon, I've got a baby so yeah, I'm carrying a baby bag :D

I agree, my wife and I share a unisex bag. It gets the job done. Although I did see a really cool Coach baby bag today:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Someone got my wife a juicy couture diaper bag when our first child was born. Easily $300. WTF? It's funny thought that when I am out and about women def notice the bag. haha.

·
Registered
23,438 Posts
We brought our daughter home at 11 months, so we missed the uber-infant stage, but we generally used a diaper backpack or an older Timbuk2 messenger bag. Nothing fancy, worked all the time. We got into the habit of having what we called, "go bags," in each of our cars. Small zippered bags, with a snack, some wipes, a few diapers, and plastic diaper disposal bags. No more toting around bigger diaper bags.

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
I used to go through the diaper bag and leave half of the diapers (and double of everything else it had) that my wife had packed in the car. It'd piss her off, but I didn't exactly see her begging to carry the damn thing, either. I never "needed" that extra diaper, either.

The only time I can remember anything biting me on the ass was a day at the gym and the girls didn't want to tell the employee's to find their parents because they needed to poop. I carried the little one out with a long shirt draped over her freshly wiped down naked butt. Got the looks and laughs, but it was silly. My accident bag in the trunk was a year out of size. :facepalm:

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
We shared one diaper bag. It was easier than having to double of everything and forgetting stuff. Carrying a girlie diaper bag didn't seem to be problem back in my days. One of my friends just had a baby and he needed to carry something more masculine. What changed? :)

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
My wife has a Skip Hop DASH bag in the Cherry Blossom print design as pictured below:

Not exactly the most masculine but that said, Skip Hop does have other designs which are actually pretty nice. Personally, if I'm with my little guy, I carry our diaper around proudly as it's quite obvious my wife was the one who chose this bag! :p

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I bought my wife a huge coach bag that she uses as a diaper bag and a carry all. I have a basic gray bag that looks like a messenger bag, but it never leaves the car. With the 2 kids in the last 4 years, I have only needed to grab a diaper or wipes from the bag maybe twice.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I've got a Diaper Dude bag that I love. It was our only bag for our first kid, but now that we have two, my wife has picked up a different bag. The new bag is larger, but I can't find a damn thing in it because it's got a dark interior color.

But I love my Diaper Dude, and still use it when it's just me and the boys...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts