VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so...I have this leak in my trunk and hatch, (mk2 with sunroof) when i lift up the hatch, sometimes but not everytime after it rains water will run out from the bottom of the hatch...wtf? (also my trunk lights on the hatch don't work and look like they're destroyed from water) Will someone please explain to me the problem there?
Also, in the left drivers side i get water in my trunk everytime it rains, i dont know if the two leaks are related, but they make my car stink and everything in my trunk gets wet...what can i do, please help me out bro's (and sis's)

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (Bones 16v)

I made a significant discovery the other day and meant to create a thread about it.
On one of my MKIIs, the rubber conduits that carry wires from the body to the hatch are torn. These are located at the top of the hatch area, just behind the drip rails.
Water runs off of the roof, travels down the exposed wires, through the ripped boot, into the hatch and out of the bottom "weep holes," where is drains into the trunk.
I'm going to inject mine with some RTV silicone.
Check to see if your boots are ripped and let us know!

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (sciroccojim)

Quote, originally posted by sciroccojim »
I made a significant discovery the other day and meant to create a thread about it.
On one of my MKIIs, the rubber conduits that carry wires from the body to the hatch are torn. These are located at the top of the hatch area, just behind the drip rails.
Water runs off of the roof, travels down the exposed wires, through the ripped boot, into the hatch and out of the bottom "weep holes," where is drains into the trunk.
I'm going to inject mine with some RTV silicone.
Check to see if your boots are ripped and let us know!

Bingo! We have a winner folks!
I have this problem
I open the hatch, water runs out, just as described. I can see it sitting on the ledge just inside the hatch seal.
Thanks Jimbo for the detective work!

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (G-rocco)

Quote, originally posted by G-rocco »
I open the hatch, water runs out, just as described. I can see it sitting on the ledge just inside the hatch seal.

Yup...that's the deal!
Quote, originally posted by G-rocco »
Thanks Jimbo for the detective work!

welcome
(martini in a beer mug)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (Chris16vRocco)

could be a tail light leak..any ideas on how i can seal mine?? ( if the answer is silicone, thats the word of the day) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (Chris16vRocco)

Quote, originally posted by Chris16vRocco »
Well at least you guys can open your hatches.

maybe this will help
Quote, originally posted by PETERSS »
You guys are great. I appreciate all the tips. I got in and you're not going to belive how simple it is to unlock a Scirocco without the key. Took me all of about 1 minute. All you need is a phillips s/driver and some needle-nose pliers. All you have to do is remove the passenger-side license plate light and right there is the rod that links the hatch lock to the CLS. Grab the rod with the pliers, push it to the left (or maybe it was right, I can't remember). The hatch is now unlocked. Push the button and you're in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (sciroccojim)

Quote, originally posted by sciroccojim »

thanks!, the scirocco in my family is not leaking but you just explained why my vanagon leaks

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (tcfootball)

Quote, originally posted by PETERSS »
You guys are great. I appreciate all the tips. I got in and you're not going to belive how simple it is to unlock a Scirocco without the key. ...

Call me crazy, but I don't really like the idea of posting on a public forum on the internet where anyone can read it ways to break into our cars...

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
Re: diapers for a Leak? (Bones 16v)

Quote, originally posted by Bones 16v »
uhh...where else is he supposed to post it?

^that^ is what IMs (PMs) are for. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah i didn't like that either, stick with the PMs for that info kids!
Post a thread saying you know how it's done and attract an audience that way please.
Poor college students in my town have been known to break windows for spare change. The last thing I need is for my purse to disappear out of the trunk when I'm in class.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.