VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

diary of a mk2 life

23K views 128 replies 31 participants last post by  RDIRTYTOO 
#1 · (Edited)
diary of a mk2 life, R content

I wont bother yall with the long drawn out story so ill give a real short one and then pics, if you have questions jus ask and ill answer, so my first car ever was a 91 jetta alpine white that my dad bought for me in 96...

and its last state before it sold

my dad passed away while I was in Afghanistan so..long story short I wanted another mk2 but this time I wanted to make something nice so I bought these to make me a nice alpine white jetta

quick summary to today my family has grown so we dicided to rent a house since apartments are small and I needed to raise money to make this move happen so I sold a lot of stuff I had including my project but since then my funds have built back a little and jus happens that my new project popped up on interwebz and for the price and the fact I wouldn't need a color change I couldn't pass up the opportunity to restart my project up again.. so I picked up a 92 gli with the vr6 swap already performed, im gonna rip it apart restore and redo everything over nicely...

and yes that's alo my cobra in the back lol along with other cars I have lol

See less See more
#3 ·
yea man the whole vw scene was so different everyone was more unified and helpful and now its filled with toolbags that trash talk you if your car isn't the 'fad' which is why ive kinda pulled away from that and im getting back to jus doin me and goin to maybe 1 or 2 shows a year ..... not interested in scene points or being accepted, too old for dat sh1t lol

#21 ·
some small updates, motor is hung.. now to tackle some bad wiring from previous swap....

someone clearly didn't think things thru before... now I know where the draw was coming from...

#28 ·
all pics are in chronological order... car completed and put on the road and then more work being done slowly, last pic is not finished product, jus temporarily put on hold for now till other things are taken care of

#29 ·
got a steering wheel and new shift boot and shift knob

then ordered some goodies like a scorpion cat back from the uk, westy front and upgraded to hella projectors too

and some wheels to be refurbished

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.