VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Did anyone else's B6 have fender trim when you bought it?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  oidoglr 
#1 ·
Our '07 wagon is starting to get a little corrosion issues around the wheel well. I don't mind grinding it down and touching it up, but on a black car, it'll be hard to get just right.

Then this afternoon, I noticed my father's 2010 sedan has black plastic/rubber trim around all four wheel wells. I asked him about them, and he said they were on the car when he bought it. They look really good--like properly sized to fit perfectly, and very OEM-looking. But a Google image search only showed me 2 out of like 1000 photos with some kind of fender trim. ETKA isn't much help (all I can find are the fender liners) and it doesn't show up in the VW accessories catalog.

They'd make my life a lot easier if they're a VW part because they'll hide my touch-up work. So how 'bout it--anyone have these on their later-model cars?

#5 ·
Go to dealer and file a claim for the rust, my 08 sedan has had hood, front fenders and front doors replaced under warranty and the trunk is showing signs of rust coming from inside out around the VW emblem so will be starting a new claim to get that fixed soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.