VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (Corrado4Life)

jezus youre really racking up on the posts....we gonna have to call you a postHOOR soon

·
Registered
2,758 Posts

Ya my car was stolen a couple weeks ago but was recently recovered.
I went with Snipun today and we picked it up and it was a mess. The door is messed up a bit on the inside, as well as ALL the stereo gone. The alarm has been all hacked up, and the motor has been punished as well as the brakes, but hey that is how it goes.
I guess they wanted it more then I did, and found a way into the car eventhough I had shaved handles.

I am just glad my baby is home now!

[Modified by crazy-legs, 4:04 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (crazy-legs)

Sounds like someone with a tow truck jacked the car. No one questions them when they are near a car. I have a folding slim jim, I use it when I go to the scrappers. It really is easy and in under 1 min. your in a dub. I didn't shave my doors, I just added rear door handle covers to the fronts. I do worry about theft, and will do something about the internal rods, to prevent a slim jim from gripping it.
What are you plans for the Rado now?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't think 400 posts in a year is alot.[HR][/HR]​
400 post in 139 days actually
, thats a little over 1/3 year

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (sickvr666)

Dang Crazy-Legs, sorry to hear of your car being stolen! Maybe I should keep mine dirty this winter to make it look undesirable! Hope you can put it all back together soon!
Good luck to you,
Corrado Dad
PS "Street School" at Thunder Hill was a blast, hope you can catch the next one.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (BLUE NRG)

Glad you hear you got your car back....and how did they get in there w/o handles?????
quote:[HR][/HR]jezus youre really racking up on the posts....we gonna have to call you a postHOOR soon[HR][/HR]​
If you call anyone postHOOR it should be me

1751 posts (7.03 posts per day on average)
Iceman666 has been a member for 248 days

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (Iceman666)

They shoved a huge breaker bar between the body and the top corner of the door and just pried it open.
It just goes to show that people can get ANYTHING they want if they really want it.
Thanks for the kind words Kevin....atleast the 5 series lights were not installed.
I have a close friend that is going to respray the car for me, and I am going to put in a new motor and hopefully it will be alright when all is said and done.
I am just gonna have to save for a new stereo and all becuase the damage was not really enough to report to the insurance, so this one stays off my record.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts

Im really excited that you are still gonna be a fellow corrado man Crazy-Legs. maybe when its put together we can meet up and share shaved handle stories

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (VW1990CORRADO)

Hey that would be a fun day, I have tons of stories on my door handles and all. I finally got a hold on how they work and all, and needless to say I am the worlds fastest Corrado door panel puller!

I wish I could have bought Nicks Jetta Coupe. That car is so freaking clean and beautiful. I was in the process of getting a cashiers check ready for it when my car was found.
It may sound kinda funny but I was stoaked about a change in cars.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts

grr. i'm mad for ya crazy.

people abuse others people stuff are the scum of the earth. no respect at all.
i remember you were going to increase displacement, had you done that b4 this?
good luck with the c!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (ToddOne)

Actually Todd, the motor is still at Matrix Motorsports just waiting for the head to be completed....Thank heavens.
I also had a set of 5 series BMW headlights I was getting ready to install as well, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad they are all safe at home!

I was looking at a bad ass Jetta II coupe with VR6 and corrado subframes, as well as ralley headlights, this car was so freaking nice, and just as I was getting myself use to the idea of it, they found my car.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

Not sure what all they made off with but I have some clear turns that i have no use for if you need them crazy-legs...
Branden

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (Padfan1)

Hey Branden, that would be great, I sure could use them, they are the SLC turnsignals?
Paul, you and me both.......I hooked up with Abe (Silverrado) and picked up an oil cooler from him when I was in So. Cali last week and am stoaked to see how it all comes together. Now I just need my transmission stuff and the head and I am set to go!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (Padfan1)

Padfan, hey dude..
If crazy-legs doesnt take you up on those turns, I could sure use them. Cracked a turn AND a fog on the drive down from SF about two weeks ago

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Did Crazy-Legs Corrado get stolen? (need_a_VR6)

Actually I did, they make a torque converter that has a 2,500rpm stall and they sell a rebuild kit that allows the automatic to handle double the cars stock hp, so that will work great for me.
I am so stoaked to get it all done!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts