VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i just installed my K04 1 week ago with a Giac K04 the power is night and day different today i installed my Neuspeed TIP and my EVO CAI and Forge DVR it took me about 2 hour with a help of some friends now i turn on the engine i heard a weird sound there is no PSSSHHT for the DV, i switched the Red shock to the soft one i hear the PSSSSSSHT and the car was very fast about 5 minutes of very hard driving the POWER DIED and the EPC and CHECK engine were on i turn off the car turn it on it was Normal and Very fast 2 minutes later @ WOT the car died again EPC and CHECK engine back again i took off the DVR and put the OEM one the Pushh is much more heard but the car still DIE @ WOT but when i drove it normaly it s fine please help any idea

Modified by rony69 at 4:11 AM 5-11-2003

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Re: Did i Blow my New K04? (wolfsburg2)

Quote, originally posted by wolfsburg2 »
find someone with a vagcom and scan for codes. sounds like limp mode to me. maybe you are overboosting?

My thoughts exactly. But if your car is shutting down, and not going to limp mode, you may have a major boost leak. If the boost sensor doesn't receive the requested boost, the motor will stall. Since your car runs fine at normal driving, maybe at WOT, the psi causes a hose to bend and leak air somewhere. Check the turbo outlet pipe and IC pipes. This is where a boost gauge comes in handy. Another check would be to unplugged your MAF sensor, run WOT and see if the car stalls. On my A4 Avant, I blew my intake hose off of my FMIC, and caused the motor to stall after getting back on the gas doing 120mph. Its not fun when you loose power steering. Just ask those WRC guys...

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: Did i Blow my New K04? (rony69)

I see you have a 2000, did you change the sparkplugs yet???

Quote, originally posted by rony69 »
ok guys i just installed my K04 1 week ago with a Giac K04 the power is night and day different today i installed my Neuspeed TIP and my EVO CAI and Forge DVR it took me about 2 hour with a help of some friends now i turn on the engine i heard a weird sound there is no PSSSHHT for the DV, i switched the Red shock to the soft one i hear the PSSSSSSHT and the car was very fast about 5 minutes of very hard driving the POWER DIED and the EPC and CHECK engine were on i turn off the car turn it on it was Normal and Very fast 2 minutes later @ WOT the car died again EPC and CHECK engine back again i took off the DVR and put the OEM one the Pushh is much more heard but the car still DIE @ WOT but when i drove it normaly it s fine please help any idea

·
Registered
991 Posts

1) check all of your intercooler plumbing for leaks - and not just visually.
2) how much boost is your car making?
3) what do you mean by "i switched to the Red shock"?
4) please use at least SOME punctuation
5) what does your complete mods list look like?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Did i Blow my New K04? (johnAWD)

Quote, originally posted by johnAWD »

1) check all of your intercooler plumbing for leaks - and not just visually.
how can i do that?
2) how much boost is your car making?
i didnt installed my boost gauge yet
3) what do you mean by "i switched to the Red shock"?
excuse my bad english i mean i put the Red spring first on the DVR then i didn t hear the PSSHT and i swith it back to the soft one
and for the Spark plug i just Changed them when i installed the turbo
But now i think i m sure i have a leak somewhere but it s very difficult to find it . i hear a wierd sound @ 3000RPM only when i push the GAS i m using the OEM DV ,now because with the DVR the sound is more audible in a different way but i m not able to find where is it .maybe its the Plastic hose that connect the MAF to the TIP has a leak somewhere but i really checked and it pisse me off .i was with 3 friend trying to found what is it and Nothing i dont drive the car hard because i m sure it ll DIE again and i dont like it

4) please use at least SOME punctuation
Sorry about that
5) what does your complete mods list look like?
3´inch Turboback
EVO CAI
DVR
K04 Turbo
GIAC K04 FILe

·
Registered
12,171 Posts

Maybe the O ring in the TIP is not seating right? I have heard of them getting bound up and being ingested into the turbo. Is that TIP needed for your particular KO4 install? If not I would take it off and sell it.
I would say its something you did wrong during your TIP/EVO install. Oh and unless your running a million pounds of boost don’t even think about the red spring. You could use that thing as a rear suspension spring!! Run the green or the yellow.
More than likely you over boosted off throttle because the DVR never opened with the red spring. Why did you start with the red spring? The instructions say to start with the weak one and work your way UP to the if needed. I say double check your work, install the softest spring, find someone to clear that DV failure code from your ECU and you will be good to go.

Modified by MRP2001GTi at 12:00 PM 5-11-2003

·
Registered
565 Posts

Quote, originally posted by rony69 »

oh **** you have the same set up as mine and i m going to install my Neuspeed too oh don t tell me it s a bad idea

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

ok guys i found what was the problem my car was Overboosting i scan it with vag com it say TORQUE Over Limit
i put my Gauge and the boost was way more than 25PSI since my gauge is 25 PSI only i don t know exactly what was it so i jack up the car and there it was the turbo outlet pipe that was depluged i dont know how maybe with high boost i plug it in and there i go the boost go back to normal between 22 and 15 and no more weird Noise thanks guys fr your help

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

Let me guess...."Torque Limit Exceeded" was the code? Happens to me all the time at partial throttle in second gear. All you have to do is turn the ignition off and then on again very quickly and it will be fine while you're driving.
The longterm fix is to replace the N75 with a manual pressure relief/regulator setup so you don't get 15 friggin psi of boost as soon as you wave your foot in the general vicinity of the gas pedal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.