VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the touch up spray paint kit...
but the color I got isnt rave green pearl.... Its Green collection pearl effect. This is the same color that the body shop used to paint my wing (and its slightly off....)
The paint code on the can is LLS 0P6 C6W
Is this right?? I looked in the trunk by the spare tire for my exact paint code but i'm not sure which one it is.... I 'think' its LC6W... but i'm not sure. It almost looks like VW mixed an 'inbetween' color between cosmic, rave and some other color so the same paint will kind of match both.
Can you not get the exact paint??

· Registered
3,687 Posts
Re: Did I get the right paint kit?? Calling all Rave green's!!!! (Rave'nGTi)

What you most likely will see are several variations which VW is notorious for. I have a red GLS Jetta and it lists 5 variations of reds...starting with orange red going all the way to rich dark red. It's pretty crazy to try and match. I feel your pain man. We ended up using the closest visual match and feathering it over the existing.

· Registered
2,892 Posts
Re: Did I get the right paint kit?? Calling all Rave green's!!!! (JayB)

well, make sure you use the white basecoat first, then you need to spray like 5-7 coats of the green to get it dark enough. thats what was done to my eurobumper!!!!, used glassurit (sp?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.