VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I just make a huge mistake? As you can see by my sig, I own a 1.8T Jetta, but today I was at the dealer for some service, and decided to test drive a VR6 GTI. Thats where I made the mistake. It was so... fast... and smooth. How does one go back to a 1.8T (as great as it is, I love my car) after driving that beast? All of a sudden my car (which i consider to be somewhat quick) felt sluggish compared to the GTI. Guess its time to start looking into a chip for my car.

· Registered
327 Posts
Re: Did I just make a huge mistake? (venom600)

Every thing you said was on the dot. Its no surprise that a VR6 GTI will fell much quicker than your 1.8t Jetta. It has 20 more HP and in a lighter body
. A chip will make the VR6 seem sluggish
and you Jetta will be considered a Jet. My I please recomment GIAC X-chip or APR. Good luck and keep Dubbin. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Did I just make a huge mistake? (VDUB_V)

24v, brand spakin new
. So then, I can get a chip for my car? I wasnt sure, as I have heard from various people that the 2003 tiptronics dont have any chips available.

[Modified by venom600, 12:20 AM 3-25-2003]

· Registered
1,681 Posts
Re: Did I just make a huge mistake? (VR6Billy)

where the hell do you guys learn how to spell?? damn, it's ENGLISH!! LEARN IT!!

oh yeah, git one a chip. You're a Jetta will be much too fastest.

cheers!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Re: Did I just make a huge mistake? (venom600)

You did it now
, no going back
, kiss your gas mileage goodby
, and make friends at the local low dollar gasoline emporium
! Once you drive the Vsex you have seen the light!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.