VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving yesterday and i lost 2nd and 4th gear. about 30 seconds later i lost 1,3,5... when the cars on i cant put it in 1st-5th with out puutting my foot on the clutch if. also if i put it in anygear it dosnt lock in there.. i looked under the hood and had a friend shift for me the linkage that is conected directly to the tranny is moving with the shifter. i am really afraid it is my tranny. please help me out
thanks

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Re: did my tranny go out??!?? (VdubPimpin)

Quote, originally posted by VdubPimpin »
i was driving yesterday and i lost 2nd and 4th gear. about 30 seconds later i lost 1,3,5... when the cars on i cant put it in 1st-5th with out puutting my foot on the clutch if. also if i put it in anygear it dosnt lock in there.. i looked under the hood and had a friend shift for me the linkage that is conected directly to the tranny is moving with the shifter. i am really afraid it is my tranny. please help me out
thanks

are you new to driving manual?
the car should only go into gear when the clutch pedal is down all the way (when the car is on).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: did my tranny go out??!?? (schtebie)

i know that.. but im trying to say that i dont have any gears. it seems as if the cltuch is engaged when its not.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Re: did my tranny go out??!?? (VdubPimpin)

In my amatuer opinion, it sounds like the clutch. How many miles on the car? Wouldn't hurt to get it to a shop and have them take a look see.
Again...In my AMATUER opinion...
Lew

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: did my tranny go out??!?? (Lew_Dog)

its not the clutch i just replaced it.. and why would half the gears work if the cluth went out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts