VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Re: DID SOME SLC's COME WITH AUTO TRANNY? (benzivr6)

if 90 was the only year, and SLC was started in 92, explain how the SLC has auto!?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Re: DID SOME SLC's COME WITH AUTO TRANNY? (Spanky-NY)

How hard is it to make a auto into a 5 speed?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Re: DID SOME SLC's COME WITH AUTO TRANNY? (Groundsquirrel)

How hard isn't the question.....more like how expensive????????????? Speaking from experience here.........BUT >>She is sooooo much happier now
from off the line to the sweet sounds she sings through her exhaust***you can tell !!!!!!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Re: DID SOME SLC's COME WITH AUTO TRANNY? (maschinenvolkg60)

Well i am a VW mechanic and i was wondering how hard it would be. Why did it cost so much?
Travis

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Re: DID SOME SLC's COME WITH AUTO TRANNY? (Groundsquirrel)

"why did it cost so much" .....First of all a new or rebuilt tranny is $$$$$ even for a used one$$$$$..which will always cost you more in the long run......AND.. <off the top of my head>.. manual trans starter, throttle cable, front motor mount bracket, rear motor mount, pedal cluster, clutch slave cyl, clutch master cyl, clutch assembly, flywheel,
tin plate at belhousing, shifter assembly in floor, shifter cables, bushings,
aluminum rear arm to support tranny, speedo pickup, brake and clutch elect
switches, all bolts and hardware, throw out bearing, arm, hydraulic hose
between cylinders, shift boot, knob,trim plate, pedal pads, special resevoir
w/teat for clutch master, booster bracket, shifter linkage/caps/pins/assem =$$$$$$$$ So all I'm saying is it isn't cheap for new parts and searching for decent used ones isn't fun or you can buy a 5 speed corrado for a parts car....Judging on How many mechanics "don't wanna get into it" it is WORK. so many things need to be removed and ..you have to take apart most of the inside of the car to replace pedal cluster, shift mechanism..etc.

[Modified by maschinenvolkg60, 8:17 PM 11-29-2001]

[Modified by maschinenvolkg60, 8:19 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
19,819 Posts
Re: DID SOME SLC's COME WITH AUTO TRANNY? (maschinenvolkg60)

90 was the only year the G60 was offered in Manual, 92 was the only year SLC was offered in manual, all other year have both auto and manual!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts