VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Turns out the stamps used in mailing these out were flagged for having been printed with a defeat device that allowed more ink than allowed. All the packages have been recalled.

The package weight was 40x's the USPS limit with a single stamp.

TDI owners get musty smelling polyester shirts from 1978, a nicked up dining room table with mismatched chairs, 3 VHS movies and 5 cassette tapes. All in time for Christmas.
TCL delivers :thumbup: :laugh:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Registered on Nov 12th. Nothing yet... I'm pretty sure it's going to take longer than the "within 4 weeks" period they "promised".
I waited to hop into a class action as they are providing this goodwill package. Within 4 weeks is within 4 weeks to me. I'll wait to see what the mailbox looks like when I get home today, but my hopes are not high. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
11,601 Posts
I just received my package. 2 different cards. One is just a regular Visa card and the other has VW logo on it and states that it is only valid at the dealer. You guys should be receiving yours pretty soon I'm assuming.
I would be careful.

Is there any language that if you use the cards that you release them for liability?

Its odd to get the goodwill package when the actual affect on the cars is still unknown.

Like say they reflash you in a few months to get you CARB compliant and then you start eating DPF's every 10k miles and your mileage drops to 20mpg.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I would be careful.

Is there any language that if you use the cards that you release them for liability?

Its odd to get the goodwill package when the actual affect on the cars is still unknown.

Like say they reflash you in a few months to get you CARB compliant and then you start eating DPF's every 10k miles and your mileage drops to 20mpg.
No, that was covered in a few other threads about the goodwill package.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I signed up the 8th, and I called in to see when I would get my package yesterday. They said any registrations prior to the 9th were invalid and I was forced to sign up again yesterday.
Funny you say this because I did apply either on the 8th or the 9th and never received an email about it. So I went ahead and applied again on the 12th and got an email right away... Maybe that's what they were talking about. Probably had some kind of mess up on the starting date of the package and none of it went through.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Funny you say this because I did apply either on the 8th or the 9th and never received an email about it. So I went ahead and applied again on the 12th and got an email right away... Maybe that's what they were talking about. Probably had some kind of mess up on the starting date of the package and none of it went through.
I got an email right away on the 8th with a confirmation code and all. She said there's no way I registered on the 8th. I said, I beg to differ and showed her the email. She was dumbfounded that I was able to register before the 9th.

Thank you for requesting the Goodwill Package and signing up to receive communications regarding the 2.0L TDI emissions issue.

Your registration code is CH-20151108-7390

Volkswagen is committed to finding a remedy as soon as possible. We would like to emphasize that the EPA has noted that vehicles affected by this issue are legal and safe to drive, and we are working to develop a remedy that will meet the expectations of the government agencies.

Within 4 weeks you should receive your Goodwill Package materials. You will need these, along with additional verification items, in order to activate the Goodwill Package at participating Volkswagen dealerships. You must remain the owner of the vehicle at the time of activation in order to receive the benefits of the Goodwill Package.

For immediate inquiries please contact VW Owner Customer CARE:

1-800-822-8987
8am - 7pm LOCAL
Monday - Friday
http://www.vw.com/contact

21 - 40 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.