VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
didn't plan on kids, but....

when my fiancée and i met and started dating, she was adamant about not having kids. i was fine w/ it since i already have a son. plus, i'm getting up there in years...turned 49 this year and she's 31.

anyway, to cut a long story short, on 4/26, we welcomed to the world our baby girl, alessandra marie.

and for the record, so far, she's loving motherhood. she's super stoked on our baby girl.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Congratulations, man. My sis married an older guy, and they just had their 3rd. He's 51!
Lol. I never feel like an old father, because I just compare myself to him. I'm 42 with a 4 + 8 year old.

Kids are awesome, and keep you young.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations, man. My sis married an older guy, and they just had their 3rd. He's 51!
Lol. I never feel like an old father, because I just compare myself to him. I'm 42 with a 4 + 8 year old.

Kids are awesome, and keep you young.
thanks Bibs! not gonna lie; i'm pretty stoked myself!

·
Registered
23,243 Posts
Congrats! Don't worry about ages. 50 is the new 30, LOL! :D

I was 47 when we brought our adopted daughter home in 2009. She was just shy of a year old. The biggest thing I've found is that age conveys a different sense of patience. Turns out our daughter is special needs. I don't know how well or successfully I'd have dealt with that 20 years ago. Now? I have a better understanding of what's really important, and what's worth worrying about. Just don't wear yourself out too early to walk her down the aisle. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks DonL. the age doesn't worry me too much. i play basketball, wakeboard, and snowboard, so i stay young that way though i don't do them as often as i'd like. maybe my age has something to do with that. ;) also, my job as a videographer keeps me young. so there's that.

i've done volunteer work a couple times and i have nothing but respect for parents with special needs children. props to you; i get your point about understanding what's important. way to be there for your daughter!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts