VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Might as well make a post on a sticky note and leave it on my desk. There's little traffic in that subforum like most.
Little traffic in anything but here.

I'm so mad they moved my General Sportscar racing thread to the Motorsport subforum but allow the F1 and NASCAR threads to stay open in TCL. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I have more than i'd care to admit (especially in 1/64, wouldn't be surprised if I had more than 2000-2500).

A lot of 1/18 as well though, off the top of my head (I will probably forget quite a few).

If anyone wants to see examples of what any of these look like just ask.

Spark RUF Yellowbird CTR
Spark Porsche 919 Le Mans Winner
Autoart Lamborghini Miura Orange
Autoart Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary White
Autoart Porsche 959 Silver
Kyosho F40 High Detail (VERY nice model) red
Kyosho Ferrari 250 GTO
Kyosho Skyline R32 Spec-V white
Hot Wheels Elite F355 Berlinetta red
Hot Wheels Elite F355 spyder yellow
Hot Wheels F355 GTS yellow
Autoart Porsche 804 F1 car with J. Bonnier driving figure
Minichamps 1994 Williams FW16 Ayrton Senna
Autoart Porsche GT3 race car blank white
Kyosho Fairlady Z S30 Street Sports white
Kyosho Skyline KPGC10 2000 GT-R Black
Kyosho BRE Datsun 240Z
Hot wheels elite 458 GT2 race car red (no livery)
Hot wheels elite 458 spyder red w tan interior
can we be best friends cousin eddie?

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Growing up me and my dads thing was to travel around to die cast shows and collect. I had 2000-2500 1:64 scale cars and probably another 50-60 1:18 scale cars. They all made it my first move from home but when it came time for the second I got rid of all but a handful of the 1:64 cars. The next move I got rid of ALL of the 1:18 scale cars. Can't say that I miss them, but I love to look at other peoples toys now. :laugh:

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
Have just two as I mainly collect 1:18 aircraft, 1:6 figures and restore RC cars

AutoArt 1:18 BMW Z8 in black
HotWheels Elite 1:18 Ferrari F430 Challenge Team Shelton #411

·
Registered
22,277 Posts
can we be best friends cousin eddie?
Sure thing. :laugh:

I bought them as favourites in 1/18 because I can't afford them all in 1:1.

Got the Datsun, might be able to pull off the addition of the R32 GTR in the next few years if my plan works out. I'm not sure i'd be able to deal with the running costs of an F-car.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Sure thing. :laugh:

I bought them as favourites in 1/18 because I can't afford them all in 1:1.

Got the Datsun, might be able to pull off the addition of the R32 GTR in the next few years if my plan works out. I'm not sure i'd be able to deal with the running costs of an F-car.
skyline R32 GTR right? we should definitely be best friends

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I am in.

Started collecting USSR made models (for most part) slightly under a year ago. Just buying what everyone else had back in the day, yet those models are scarce and not cheap.

Latest addition as of a few days ago

[/url]IMG_0507 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0509 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

My GAZ M20 "Pobeda" 1:8 scale out of metal with everything opening, lights turning on, etc etc

[/url]IMG_0168 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

My overseas collection

[/url]IMG_0170 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

My L.A. part

1:43

[/url]60d606es-960 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

Also got a lot of Kamaz and URAL trucks

[/url]IMG_0012 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

ZIL Tin TRUCKS

Each one costs from a few hundred (for a rusted one) to a few thousand for a perfect one.

I got 3 truck and 2 excavators all for $200 (some were gifted to me)

[/url]IMG_0289 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0293 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0313 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

My chinese made model of the car i recently bought with a magazine that talks about history of the model and all experimental versions.

[/url]IMG_0316 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0317 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0318 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

Another not USSR/Russian made model.

LAZ bus of the Sports committee of USSR

[/url]58172bes-960 by Max (Максим), on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hand full of hot-wheels and maybe a half dozen larger scale. I really want to get into collecting...the cost on detailed larger scales (1/18) is inhibative, and the shipping cost on even some of the smaller stuff just makes in un-realistic. Its hard to drop that money on toys :p

hat being said OP I like where your collection is going and the mini garage is a bit of a childhood dream.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Hand full of hot-wheels and maybe a half dozen larger scale. I really want to get into collecting...the cost on detailed larger scales (1/18) is inhibative, and the shipping cost on even some of the smaller stuff just makes in un-realistic. Its hard to drop that money on toys :p

hat being said OP I like where your collection is going and the mini garage is a bit of a childhood dream.
Good stuff is always pricey! But you have to look. Collecting is like hunting or fishing, and it is part of the deal. I look hard and find deals, otherwise i would spends thousands on what i bought but i did not.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I have about 45 1/18th scale cars. I've been collecting them for about 20 years now. I have some real **** ones from early on and some much nicer ones. I plan on one day putting them out for others to see, but my kids are still too young right now and they'll wreck them.

·
Registered
993 C2, MK4 GTI, MK7.5 R
8,036 Posts
I used to work 6 days a week at a hobby shop. I had first dibs on all the orders. It was great, but expensive!

I still work there on Saturdays but my collecting has slowed down significantly.

This is one wall of the spare room. I'm in the middle of adding lighting so it's a bit of a mess.

The opposite wall has more cabinets.

And I've got two cabinet's of 1/12th scale cars in the study.

If I was starting from scratch I'd only collect 1:43.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Not diecast, but plastic assembly models. I have 100's of 1/24, and 1/20 cars, but really don't have much of a place to display that many anymore, so lately I've mostly done 1/12 stuff that I can display in bigger cases. My most recent build is this 1/8 version of Senna's MP4/4. Just realized I don't have any finished pics with the bodywork installed on my Photobucket, but here are some detail shots. All of the hardware and carbon details were added.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
This is what I have on display, and then I have like 100 Maisto/Burago in my basement from when I was a kid.

1/12

1/18

1/43

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Not diecast, but plastic assembly models. I have 100's of 1/24, and 1/20 cars, but really don't have much of a place to display that many anymore, so lately I've mostly done 1/12 stuff that I can display in bigger cases. My most recent build is this 1/8 version of Senna's MP4/4. Just realized I don't have any finished pics with the bodywork installed on my Photobucket, but here are some detail shots. All of the hardware and carbon details were added.
Is this the top studio detail kit?

·
Registered
8,881 Posts

MP44.jpg
One word: Wow! :eek:

That's impressive no matter how you look at it, but I'm personally terrible at building models so I'm even more impressed :thumbup:

I have a few 1:43's and 1:18's, but my main interest is Hot Wheels. This thread makes me feel good that I "only" have about 6-700. That's hardly anything! :laugh:

When I get home, I'll have to take an up-to-date pic of my Hot Wheels wall, but here are a couple phone snaps I found in my Flickr:

21 - 40 of 49 Posts