VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
FV-QR

No idea about the 1.6 diesel but the 1.9 definitely won't fit without a lot of work. The stroke is longer, and so even if it cleared the block (which it won't) the rods would be too long and the pistons would hit the head. Also the crank nose is different so the 1.8 sprocket wouldn't fit it.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
I have a 94.5 welded stroker in a 1.8 16V block. IT requires all the clearancing tricks: intermediate shaft gear, rear of block, oil pump shaft. I also had to eliminate the squirters for Carillo rod clearance. stock rods will work and only require clearancing of the retaining bolt head. a 95.5 would definitely fit.

I built this back in the day when 2 liters were brand new factory motors. 2096cc

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
stock rods will work and only require clearancing of the retaining bolt head.
Surely the longer stroke would make the pistons poke out of the top of the block with stock rods? :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm sitting on a 2.0 stroker kit from VMS. You know, the old bottom end they used to sell to the formula vendors. It just sits there as I've grown beyond it. I would be willing to tear it down and send it to you if you cover shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.