VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To anyone with the diesel geek race shifter or any dg shifter for that matter. Do you really notice a difference? I'm impressed with the claimed side to side reduction, but is it worth the money you paid for? I really don't plan on spending a good amount on a shifter that does nearly nothing. I want one where I can really feel the reduction. Can anyone help with suggestions or comments? Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Re: diesel geek shifter (dubfoo)

I've got the Diesel Geek SS. The $125 race version. I like it a lot, I don't have to move my whole arm anymore to shift, I can do it with leaving my elbow on the armrest (I'm a lazy ass, that's the main reason I bought it). But I will say that it feels a lot better than stock. It's notchy, kinda makes the shifting feel more race like. If you like the feeling of the mushy shifting that stock is I'd recomend the TT SS. I wish it hadn't been so much $$$ but I don't regret buying it at all. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: diesel geek shifter (dubfoo)

when i had mine installed i noticed it for sure... then not so much as the weeks turned into months etc. but when i had it taken out to sell it, it was like tryin to shift in a truck, the throws were so long. definitely worth it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Re: diesel geek shifter (matchstick chick)

quote:[HR][/HR]when i had mine installed i noticed it for sure... then not so much as the weeks turned into months etc. but when i had it taken out to sell it, it was like tryin to shift in a truck, the throws were so long. definitely worth it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
That's the general consensus of people who own one. I have the Neuspeed and the Diesel Geek side to side and love the combo. Whenever I drive a friends car that is stock I hate shifting, it's so uninspiring. By far hands down one of the best bangs for the buck (right up there with motor mounts and sways)
Tyler

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: diesel geek shifter (kingsfan01)

I install mine (it's not really true... My friend do it for me
about a month ago, and it's really crisp and short. But, I have to sell it, because my wife, who pays for the car too, dosen't like it at all!
Maybe, I gonna install the TT SS kit, so, after 1 month with the Dieselgeek ss kit, she aren't able to make the difference between the Audi and the stock lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.