VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

driving across town this evening, got a message "Diesel Particulate: See manual" and a error symbol in the central display.

The car drives normally. I did a quick VCDS scan when I got home and the only message is "Incomplete or failed DPF regeneration"

I have my usual weekly 100KM trip tomorrow morning, so do I cross my fingers and hope it completes a regen.

2008 V6tdi, 155kmiles/ 245k Km

Car has done a good proportion of miles at motorway speed 120kph, so should have lots of opportunity to do regen.

What thoughts.

Hugh

Dublin

·
Registered
236 Posts
Could be the sensor, the car checks the exhaust gases before and after the particulate filter, if it goes out of range it should carry out a burnout, not sure how it does it because I thought the car is always burning off particulates when it's reached temperature, there's a procedure for a manual burn off/regen.
The next possibility is the particulate filter is actually passed it's usefulness and requires replacing, there's been a couple of reports of failed units on the site, might be worth searching.

Try the manual regen, then have a look in vcds at the sensor readings. I haven't had to do any of this so I can't direct you, sorry.

Just an add on note, we had a new Mondeo for a company car, it went in for a regen failure, it was a known issue (the sensor was too picky about the readings) and the technician said just make sure you do loads of motorway miles to aid the burn off, we had to laugh, she was doing around 35,000 motorway miles a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.